We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

I forgot!

As of today I am now (semi) DEBT FREE!

I made the last payment on my CC as some money has finally come in and now all I have left debt wise (which is why I am only semi DF) is my student loan and my brand spanking new career development loan.

As many of you know, I am now on my MA in Social Work for 2 years and from around Oct 05, I began clearing my debts so that I would be debt free to start uni. And I very almost made it....

Just to get an idea of what I cleared, look to my sig (plus my car on HP).

And I may have a £7k CDL, but I'm doing as :money: says and £3k is now sitting in the highest paying ISA and the rest is to be distributed to decent savings accounts (once I get them sorted).

:money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money:

So yay me! :D
Proud DFW Nerd #62:wink:

Became Debt Free in Oct 2006 - uni was hard - financially!! Now need to start again.... :rolleyes2

PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS :D

Comments

  • Wow - another great progress report today! I hope some of this rubs off on me! :D

    Well done you.
    Bank Balance: In the black for the moment.
    Sainsburys Loan: Cleared July 2010
    Credit cards: AMEX Airmiles Card: direct debit set to clear balance monthly
  • cattie1
    cattie1 Posts: 2,068 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    well done, thats fantastic.
    good luck with the future and you career.x
    official dfw nerd club member no 214
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!;)
    Why is a person that handles your money called a broker?!:confused:
  • Ozzyfan
    Ozzyfan Posts: 51 Forumite
    Congratulations Glitterari! :)

    Really well done & good luck with your studies :)
    waiting for my 1st competition win... :smiley:

  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,022 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    gliiteratti i am soo proud of you..you have shown amazing resourcefullness in getting on top of things. How's things with you mum going? the great thing with the student loan is that you have to earn £15000 before youpay it back...and with the money you have in your isa your making money very well done
  • Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,831 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Well done gliteratti.

    Inspiring progress.
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • Sassers
    Sassers Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    Whooo hooo - well done Glitterari, what great news (does claping hands bit in front of computer)...Seems like lots of us are going well at the moment!
    Fantastic
    love Sas x
    Current debt and mortgage: £25, 820.35 Debt/Mortgage at start: £92,598 (27/09/2010)
    DEBT FREE!
  • Good work. Congratulations.
    'You can't change the past, you can only change the future' Gary Boulet.

    'Show me the person who never makes a mistake and I'll show you the person who never makes anything'. Anon
  • Thanks everyone!

    It feels really good - now finally don't have to worry about finding money for my minimum repayments at least each month now - can just concentrate on getting food and paying the rent and bills.

    And I got about 80% of my motivation and inspiration from everyone on the DFW board

    Thanks!
    Proud DFW Nerd #62:wink:

    Became Debt Free in Oct 2006 - uni was hard - financially!! Now need to start again.... :rolleyes2

    PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS :D
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.