Tesco/Asda Pricechecker Thread - part 3

Options

Comments

• mandycr
    mandycr Posts: 4,238 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    omg a new thread been sooooo busy on f/b i didnt even notice just had to best news ever i could scream "again" i have won a trip to VEGAS arrgghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    best win in 2011:eek: 4 nights in Las Vegas :eek:
    2011 wins £8,752.00
  • petrolman
    petrolman Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    simple tip for anyone wanting to print the spreadsheet:

click on file in the top left (above the little print icon)

highlight download as and then choose PDF

a box then opens and all standard settings should already be selected for you ie current sheet selected/fit to width and landscape

Then click export

after a short while another box appears and you select open which will then allow you to print the file

or you can save it to your PC and open later

Hope this helps someone :)
  • celebrate
    celebrate Posts: 5,883 Forumite
    Options
    scotsgirl wrote: »
    Seconded! I have now started grabbing my receipts out of the machine though!

i have too
    hilarious when they turn around to grab it themselves and its not there!!!!!!!!!!!:p:D

had my first bad expeience yesterday at closing time , the only young lad on the tills was busy with a woman with a massive trolley load, then there were 3 jobsworthy middle aged cashiers who were free, in retrospect i should have wandered around a bit more and gone back to him later but store was closing....

anyway the SA kept my old receipt, when i asked for it back, she looked at me as if i was stupid or dumb or couldn't speak english and mouthed slowly "we need this or your voucher isn't worth anything to us, if i don't keep it my till will be £20 short"

i felt like smacking her right between the eyes but kept my cool and said sorry its my mums shopping and shes going to ask for the reciept. Anyway this jobsworth started conferring with the 3 others who were all sat around with nothing to do, all 3 chirped "ooh yes, you have to keep the receipt". I know I have should have kept a low profile but i'm not one to back down so i said i wasn't going until they'd checked with someone more senior, when someone happened to walk past-she said we don't normally but if she wants it let her have it. PHEW!

For the second lot of my shopping she then said "well if this is not your mums shopping i'll keep this reciept then shall i?" At which point I nearly totally lost the will to live. This time I def wasn't going to let her keep it. Again she eventually relented.

Moral-stand up for yourselves!

Tonight was very funny, me and my sis went to Mr T and saw my brother there with his friend and the spotted my SIl and her daughter, we kept bumping into each other conferring in the aisles, all had exactly the same shopping in our trolleys. Hi guys:wave:see you again same time same place tomorrow???
    GRATITUDE WHEN GIVEN, PATIENCE WHEN DENIED

Please press the thanks button when someone has helped!
  • Jilly5
    Jilly5 Posts: 76 Forumite
    Options
    CazGreg wrote: »
    Just had my first bad experience using a voucher....

After lengthy scrutinising of voucher and original receipt, the trout, sorry, supervisor, put it through.
    But then, to my horror, she grabbed my NEW receipt from the till and started scrawling all over THAT!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I politely queried why - she informed me 'it's to stop you putting the details in online and then getting another voucher from this shop'.

I meekly replied 'there's nothing in the terms and conditions to say you can't do that'.
    Whereupon she said 'well you can't do it anymore'.

And that was that. I was too gobsmacked to do anything else there and then. I will be emailing or calling customer services! :mad:

Oh god thats awful!! So much for head office telling the SA's to be nicer!! Definately get on to head office tomorrow!!

My experience has been much better so maybe its just been that particular store.

I reckon there can't be many DTD'ers in North Yorkshire as not one SA i've been too has ever seen a voucher let alone known what to do with them. I haven't done many shops at all but so far so good!! Within the limit last month and just started for this one.

Today 3 SA's all having a look, called the superviser over who said they'd had a memo, signed the receipt and crossed through the numbers at the bottom. Great idea - why can't they all just be told to do that?? Then the SA on the till said ooh i wonder if this shopping will be cheaper (i had explained the offer loosely at first), adding make sure you check wont you!! And i got a free bag for life as they had run out of carrier bags!!

Don't think this has been mentioned before (apologies if it has) but Time Out - 9 pack £1.28 Mr T and £1.00 Mr A - unconfirmed - will confirm either way tommorrow. Also 6 pack salad tomatoes 95p / 80p - not great but again will confirm if not already confirmed.

Only bad thing was that i bought some fresh Mini Chicken Fillets which had a price on them of £3 but scanned at £3.50 - didn't notice til now - naughty Mr T!! LOL - will not be complaining tho ;)!!

Thanks for the lovely new thread Tara!!

J x
  • celebrate
    celebrate Posts: 5,883 Forumite
    Options
    mandycr wrote: »
    omg a new thread been sooooo busy on f/b i didnt even notice just had to best news ever i could scream "again" i have won a trip to VEGAS arrgghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

wow:T:T:T

well done, pray tell us how you pulled that one?
    GRATITUDE WHEN GIVEN, PATIENCE WHEN DENIED

Please press the thanks button when someone has helped!
  • stacey2006
    stacey2006 Posts: 96 Forumite
    Options
    mrkool wrote: »
    antone know how the durham store is with respect to accepting the DTD voucher

ta

I have used the Durham store a couple of times, went to young male sa and had no problems. I usually use the Bishop Auckland store, the store is so quiet that they are more than happy to take my vouchers and there is always loads of lamb:T
  • k9holly
    k9holly Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    scotsgirl wrote: »
    Thanks Tara, grabbing post 2 for FAQs, will update later!

Coupon use policy

Lots of people have difficulty getting stores to accept coupons (which many of us want to go alongside our DTDs!) so the following is the coupon policy which Customer Services have confirmed to me today

"'We'll happily accept your coupons if you've bought the product.

This includes Tesco and supplier coupons.

Unfortunately if you haven't bought the product we can't accept the coupon.'

This means that we accept coupons for products purchased by customers. This also complies with the Terms and Conditions written on each coupon.
    We will continue to accept Competitor Conditional Spend Coupons as long as the minimum spend (stated on the coupon) has been met, as well as Healthy Start and Luncheon Vouchers.

All stores have been notified of this change so it is upsetting to hear that Store staff have not been complying with this. I will make the Store Manager aware of this who I am sure will re-brief the message and will place signs at each Checkout and Customer Service Desk in store in view of the customer. Self service checkout assistants will check coupons are valid when prompted."

Do you have an official e-mail with a name attached which i can quote to C/S in tesco in Cardiff area, who still seem to think a "Before I shop" coupon from Coop is a "photo copy" or "computer download" (what in this day and age?) and is totaly unacceptable.

I know I'm in Wales but some of the houses in my street have even got running water!!!!
  • doningtonphil
    Options
    let me get this straight.

I am looking at asda website:

Dettol Antibacterial Surface Cleanser Spray £2.02 (but buy 2 for £2.00)

The tesco website lists it as

Dettol Antibacterial Surface Cleaner Spray £2.02 (so 2x would cost £4.04)

As long as I buy multiples of 2 from Tesco I can then submit my receipt details and I would receive a voucher for dtd = £4.08

Can I believe what my eyes are telling me?
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you - is it worth adding a link in the first post to the previous 2 threads (for continuiity)?

Anon
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport