Tesco/Asda Pricechecker Thread - part 3

Options

Comments

• N20Y1D
    N20Y1D Posts: 2,059 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    could we put links to pictures next to the items on the ss?i kno it would help afew out and may lower the question 'what am i looking for'??

I think its fine as it is, people arent paid to do this.

The item descriptions and price are enough detail IMO
    TESCO EVERY LITTLE change to the t&cs HELPS
  • beetplek
    beetplek Posts: 501 Forumite
    Options
    could we put links to pictures next to the items on the ss?i kno it would help afew out and may lower the question 'what am i looking for'??

You dont want much do you. We can try. Cant promise anything.
  • CazGreg
    CazGreg Posts: 207 Forumite
    Options
    Like so many people on here, I'm very hard up. I am LOVING this Tesco thing, not only because it has genuinely helped me out financially, but also because it's FUN and the people on here are lovely! :kisses3:

Also like lots of us, I've been able to amass quantities of things like teabags that I would never have imagined! I don't know about others, but I really REALLY want to share the love, and feel it is very, very important to share our good fortune around. Apart from anything else, doing something good for others is by FAR the best mood-booster there is out there. :D

So, here's my list of things you can do to share the freebies:

- drop off a bagful of stuff at a homeless shelter, especially teabags, cereal and toiletries.

- put some treats - biscuits, chocolate, Twinings tea, fabric conditioner, Olay - in a box or pretty bag and give to an elderly person you know. You'll make their day!

- create a hamper of the 'better quality' items on the list to be raffled off for charity.

- give some cat or dog food to an animal shelter. Large Tescos often have bins specifically for this in the entrance.

- if like me you have an excess of dear old Betty C, a local youth group would probably be delighted to have them for a pancake evening.

- think up lovely reasons to give people a treat (After Eights, Roses, Olay). For example, 'I want to give this to you because I know how hard you work for others, and this is to show I appreciate you'. Again, you'll make someone's day!

- make up hampers, or small groups of things like wine, as prizes for quizzes and so on, to raise money for charity.

- women's refuges would love toiletries, including children's toiletries.

Feel free to add to this list. If you're not sure of places in your locality, or how best to help out, places like community centres and local churches will usually be more than happy to point you in the right direction.

It would be so amazing if everyone who comes on here were to do at least one of these things! :A This has been so much fun (other than a few images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7Nalm6Ou810NC6wHz3ps00n7XubQ80NqQTdOTRnbd6BoNko-VsR-upXAs!!), that it would be fantastic to share the love.

A big, massive thank you to all those who are really putting in the hours for this, especially for the spreadsheet and so on.:T
    The people in my life: Betty Crocker, Mr. T and Gordon (of Gordon's gin) :T
  • clozza_90
    clozza_90 Posts: 398 Forumite
    Options
    SPREADSHEET UPDATE

CONFIRMED

Tesco Basmati Rice 1kg
    T = £1.20 A = 98p DTD = 44p
    Net cost = 76p

Vaseline Lip Therapy Original 20g
    T = £1.89 A = 82p DTD = £2.07
    Net cost = -25p

Vaseline Intensive Rescue Moisture Locking Body Lotion 400ml
    T = £5.07 A = £3 DTD = £4.14
    Net cost = 93p
    2014 wins: £15 iTunes voucher, £15 Amazon voucher, Sharwood's wok & sauces, Food Lover's Guide to the World book, £20 Tesco giftcard, Goodfellas x 3, Garnier skin cream, £25 Frankie & Benny's, Chiquito meal, £20 Frankie & Benny's, Panebello pizza, Harlan Coben book
  • babyfo
    babyfo Posts: 145 Forumite
    Options
    OMG forgot how impatient i am put my receipts in this morning for my first DTD shop and i cant wait to see if it works! Think i will need to nip to tesco to kill some time esp now i got my clubcard vouchers in today and can double them up!
  • ijustloveabargain
    Options
    I'm poorly at the moment so I'm sending the OH to do my first in store DTD shop later, which one of these would you say has the best stock levels? Have you seen the lamb at any? Thanks.
    rochdale dont have any :mad: they did last wk but now theres a out of stock label there...bury,oldham and middleton is your best bet :D
  • SirAlfonso
    SirAlfonso Posts: 102 Forumite
    Options
    CazGreg wrote: »
    Like so many people on here, I'm very hard up. I am LOVING this Tesco thing, not only because it has genuinely helped me out financially, but also because it's FUN and the people on here are lovely! :kisses3:

Also like lots of us, I've been able to amass quantities of things like teabags that I would never have imagined! I don't know about others, but I really REALLY want to share the love, and feel it is very, very important to share our good fortune around. Apart from anything else, doing something good for others is by FAR the best mood-booster there is out there. :D

So, here's my list of things you can do to share the freebies:

- drop off a bagful of stuff at a homeless shelter, especially teabags, cereal and toiletries.

- put some treats - biscuits, chocolate, Twinings tea, fabric conditioner, Olay - in a box or pretty bag and give to an elderly person you know. You'll make their day!

- create a hamper of the 'better quality' items on the list to be raffled off for charity.

- give some cat or dog food to an animal shelter. Large Tescos often have bins specifically for this in the entrance.

- if like me you have an excess of dear old Betty C, a local youth group would probably be delighted to have them for a pancake evening.

- think up lovely reasons to give people a treat (After Eights, Roses, Olay). For example, 'I want to give this to you because I know how hard you work for others, and this is to show I appreciate you'. Again, you'll make someone's day!

- make up hampers, or small groups of things like wine, as prizes for quizzes and so on, to raise money for charity.

- women's refuges would love toiletries, including children's toiletries.

Feel free to add to this list. If you're not sure of places in your locality, or how best to help out, places like community centres and local churches will usually be more than happy to point you in the right direction.

It would be so amazing if everyone who comes on here were to do at least one of these things! :A This has been so much fun (other than a few images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7Nalm6Ou810NC6wHz3ps00n7XubQ80NqQTdOTRnbd6BoNko-VsR-upXAs!!), that it would be fantastic to share the love.

A big, massive thank you to all those who are really putting in the hours for this, especially for the spreadsheet and so on.:T

I agree!

My work is collecting easter eggs for a local childrens charity. I've been giving them a few thorntons eggs and lots of cadbury treasures. I'm sure they now think they're paying me too much!
  • arronc
    arronc Posts: 250 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    vouchers are in! Have to enter details but there readyyyyy!
  • Margoriglick
    Options
    rochdale dont have any :mad: they did last wk but now theres a out of stock label there...bury,oldham and middleton is your best bet :D

It wasn't me :o;)
  • Emmamumof2
    Emmamumof2 Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    Options
    UNCONFIRMED TRYING TODAY THOUGH

Bakers Might Meaty Chicken or Beef 3kg
    £7.09 Tesco/£5 Asda - DTD £4.18 - net cost £2.91
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing