PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

As The Workhouse Approaches....How To Do Everything To Avoid It, the Old Style Way

Options

Comments

• Hippeechiq
    Hippeechiq Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    Options
    anna_p86 and Bluebag, thanks for your replies re covering my tomato plants :)
    I agree - the time for frost down here should be past, but I just want to give it until the end of the month, so bin liners would be a good idea thanks.

charlies-aunt - thanks for the info on the sausage pie. Much appreciated :)
    smileyt wrote: »
    Hells bells. I think we should print off this forum and send it to David Cameron so he can see what's happening to folk. However, I doubt that he'd care.
    I also agree

Mardatha how come you have tomatoes already? Do you have secret tomato growing equipment at your disposal? lol. Hell, you had snow up until about 2 weeks ago woman! ;) Well done to you though! :)
    Aug11 £193.29/£240

Oct10 £266.72 /£275 Nov10 £276.71/£275 Dec10 £311.33 / £275 Jan11 £242.25/ £250 Feb11 £243.14/ £250 Mar11 £221.99/ £230
    Apr11 £237.39 /£240 May11 £237.71/£240 Jun11 £244.03/ £240 July11 £244.89/ £240
    Xmas 2011 Fund £220
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    :) I never said they were outside LOL ! inside on my livingroom windowsill HC !
  • jackieglasgow
    jackieglasgow Posts: 9,436 Forumite
    Options
    You've got some sort of special cold weather growing tomatoes, haven't you - I remember you mentioning them, I was meant to take a note for next year but never :o
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Butterfly_Brain Posts: 8,862 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Post of the Month
    Options
    Charis wrote: »
    Added to that, those of us who want to sort out a minor problem often find that devices have been designed to be impossible to repair. My carpet shampooer, which has sprung a leak, is impossible to take apart at the site of the leak. It's hidden inside a trigger device and try as I might, neither commonsense nor brute force will enable me to get to place the water is dripping from. Last night my bedroom blind (vertical, slatted kind) started to disintegrate. The plastic fittings appear to be biodegrading in situ. Nothing at all wrong with the rest of the blind but the bits that hold it together have the consistency of stale royal icing. :(

Things are actually made to be thrown away how else would the companies make huge profits year after year, I have a belling cooker that is 2 years old and all 6 of the knobs have snapped and two of them were replacements - the cost to replace them is £7.50 each = £45 :eek: I will never ever buy a belling again.
    Luckily I have a friend who is a white goods engineer and he has managed to get a year old cooker (halogen topped) that someone was throwing out - nothing wrong with it apart from that it needs a damn good clean because the nanny couldn't be bothered to clean it so they bought a new one :eek: beggers belief so that is DH's project of the week. Then friend will connect it up for us all for the price of a cuppa and some cake :D
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, variety "Latah" - got from realseeds Jackie :)
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Butterfly_Brain Posts: 8,862 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Post of the Month
    Options
    I have posted this on the daily but it is a heads up that Coal house at war is on the yesterday channel from Tuesday at 10pm well worth a watch
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • Hippeechiq
    Hippeechiq Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    Options
    mardatha wrote: »
    :) I never said they were outside LOL ! inside on my livingroom windowsill HC !
    Aha! :) - but even still, if you've grown them from seed, that's excellent.
    Aug11 £193.29/£240

Oct10 £266.72 /£275 Nov10 £276.71/£275 Dec10 £311.33 / £275 Jan11 £242.25/ £250 Feb11 £243.14/ £250 Mar11 £221.99/ £230
    Apr11 £237.39 /£240 May11 £237.71/£240 Jun11 £244.03/ £240 July11 £244.89/ £240
    Xmas 2011 Fund £220
  • purpleheather2810
    purpleheather2810 Posts: 524 Forumite
    edited 22 May 2011 at 10:59PM
    Options
    Nicepeach wrote: »
    Hi, Can anyone help with the following at all please? You all seem so knowledgeable on such a variety of subjects on here & I've picked up some brilliant tips & tried to join in & contribute where I could but
    I'm quite new to the site & have posted a request for info before but had no response so I'm not sure if I've put it in the wrong place (sorry if I have!).

I acquired an Easi Yo system the other day for £3 from a CS - thought it was a good price. It comprises of the white drum, two cannisters and an instruction/recipe booklet.

The two cannisters have white, flip-top lids. Can I make the yoghurt in these or are they only for storage? As the assistant in the store advised me that it wouldn't work with these cannisters and I needed the ones with the red lids?

Any help/advice gratefully received.

By the way, before I purchased the system I checked out the prices for the sachets in our local shops but could only find them in the national chain of the healthfood type store Julian Graves and they have got all the different types of sachets & the machines and extra cannisters etc. on offer - BOGOF if anyone's interested. So I managed to get four sachets of mix for £7.50.

Any contributions gratefully recieved. x

Hi Nicepeach, welcome to the thread. Well done on your CS bargain! We have an easiyo and we normally use the red tops simply because you have to shake it vigorously and we found that the flip-top white lids weren't shake-proof :eek: Thanks for the heads up on half price sachets in julian graves. The sachets are expensive normally. There are a few threads on here about easiyo and general yoghurt making - I will find you some links x

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=717089&highlight=easiyo
    :D Skint but happy with my lovely family :D

Hypnotherapy rocks :j
  • bluebag
    bluebag Posts: 2,450 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    smileyt wrote: »
    ) :( I am now really stuck because I have 3 more charity direct debits totalling £8.50 per month and I know I should cancel them but they are so dear to my heart. One is greenpeace (I have been a supporter for 17 years), one is the Brooke clinic for horses and donkeys in the third world, which supports their human owners too, and one is refugee action, and these are people who have absolutely nothing and rely on charity (in spite of the lies the tabloids peddle - but I don't want to start a debate on that).

I'm going to cancel the TV licence too.

Maybe you could give a once a year donation instead of the direct debits, that way they still get SOME support.

You have the comfort of having supported them while you could, but you do need to take care of you too!

Do you no longer have a TV? Hope you don't think I'm out of line for asking, but a flippin fine would ruin your day I'm sure.
  • sb44
    sb44 Posts: 5,203 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Nicepeach wrote: »
    Hi, Can anyone help with the following at all please? You all seem so knowledgeable on such a variety of subjects on here & I've picked up some brilliant tips & tried to join in & contribute where I could but
    I'm quite new to the site & have posted a request for info before but had no response so I'm not sure if I've put it in the wrong place (sorry if I have!).

I acquired an Easi Yo system the other day for £3 from a CS - thought it was a good price. It comprises of the white drum, two cannisters and an instruction/recipe booklet.

The two cannisters have white, flip-top lids. Can I make the yoghurt in these or are they only for storage? As the assistant in the store advised me that it wouldn't work with these cannisters and I needed the ones with the red lids?

Any help/advice gratefully received.

By the way, before I purchased the system I checked out the prices for the sachets in our local shops but could only find them in the national chain of the healthfood type store Julian Graves and they have got all the different types of sachets & the machines and extra cannisters etc. on offer - BOGOF if anyone's interested. So I managed to get four sachets of mix for £7.50.

Any contributions gratefully recieved. x

I think you can use the red or white for making the yoghurt, it says it is duel purpose on the site below.

http://www.easyyoghurts.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=33

;).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family