Pilates in dundee

ayeshasi
ayeshasi Posts: 1,737
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
Anyone know who does pilates in dundee, preferably aimed at pregnant women...

Comments

• ailuro2
    ailuro2 Posts: 7,535
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 5 April 2011 at 5:45AM
    Didn't think Pilates would be something to start while pregnant, maybe I'm getting mixed up but it is very abdominals based, would do a bit of research on that, or ask your ante natal advisors.

There are pilates classes though, on during the day, I've seen the ad in Sainsbury's
    Member of the first Mortgage Free in 3 challenge, no.19
    Balance 19th April '07 = minus £27,640
    Balance 1st November '09 = mortgage paid off with £1903 left over. Title deeds are now ours.
  • stumpycat
    stumpycat Posts: 597 Forumite
    http://www.pilateswithlindsay.co.uk/products.html

This gives the classes and times. It also says that Pilates is excellent during pregnancy - I know a lot of the Physio exercises I had post-pregnancy (I had SPD and it took a long time to get everything stabilised) were Pilates based. I couldn't do any during pregnancy as I was falling to bits though... :rotfl:
  • ayeshasi
    ayeshasi Posts: 1,737
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks, Thats the reason i want to try Pilates, i had my 3rd child 3 years ago and was hoping for one more :P, so thought id get the Spd checked out ( i had it with my 3rd and it got so bad that i was in crutches). When i got it checked by a Chiro 2 weeks ago, she said that my body is still weak. And today i spoke to a physio friend and she mentioned Pilates. Lets hope it helps :D
  • karenb33
    karenb33 Posts: 364 Forumite
    Heal Physiotherapists in City Quay have an advert for pilates at the moment.
  • rose_111
    rose_111 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Take a help of net, you will get all the details or contact to your friend those who are having prior experience.
  • rose_111
    rose_111 Posts: 16 Forumite
    ailuro2 wrote: »
    Didn't think Pilates would be something to start while pregnant, maybe I'm getting mixed up but it is very abdominals based, would do a bit of research on that, or ask your ante natal advisors.

There are pilates classes though, on during the day, I've seen the ad in Sainsbury's
    I am not agree with you ailuro, becuase Pilates is a simple form of exercise and consider one of the best forms of exercise for pregnant women. Pilates exercise will not put strain on joint or back. In fact the back will be strengthened as will the stomach and muscles around the pelvic area - allowing for an easier pregnancy, delivery and recovery.
    After four month body is changing and expanding at the same time energy level are generally high and in this stage exercise should be maximized advantage for every following month.
    After six month women tend to feel heavy and uncomfortable, and sometimes cause back pain. The additional weight of the body can throw center of the balance, legs can become swollen and various vein can develop. A developed circulation allows an oxygen supply to the womb and this is less distressing for the baby.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure