Would like to be a MFW

Hi There

I'm really trying to be a MFW, but hubbys not for it, can't see the point, even when its staring him in the face about how much we could actually save in the long run.

I've already overpaid some of the mortgage, but with OH's help I know we could do better, anyone else had this problem and how did they get their OH to change their ways.

Our mortgage in August 2009 was £149,000 (OMG when you see it written down it is quite scary):eek:
Our morgage now is £127,500
and down from 19years to 15 and half years, I just know I could do better, any tips or advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks
:j

Comments

• Sadly mine has never really got on board. However, I make big overpayments and then he has to pay for stuff all month so really he does contribute - just not really knowingly!

Welcome and good luck,

Squirrel
    Paid off mortgage nine years early in 2013. Now picking and choosing our work to fit in with the rest of our lives!
    Still thrifty though, after all these years:D
  • magthemum
    magthemum Posts: 12 Forumite
    Thanks
    I'll keep doing what I'm doing and hopefully he'll get the message.

Cheers:j
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,925 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hi, A lot of us are in a similar position in differing degrees, I think that its hard to get into that mindset sometimes. Are you in charge of the finances ? that makes it easier if you are . If not do you have control of the grocery budget, as there are lots of ways of saving on there, money saved and he need not even know;)

Also think about earning extra for overpaying by doing surveys, using cashback sites etc. good luck :)
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure