fredrickson international

Options
Hi guys need some info. I got a letter from fredrickson stating that i owed £453 for a mobile account, i asked them to prove it to me as i honestly have no recollection of they sent me a balance sheet that made no sense at all. So i then asked them for a copy of my credit report and gave them a pound postal order. They sent it back and gave me a letter saying that the CCA doesn't apply as my contract is for services not credit, and that i can request a copy of the contract from where i originally obtained the device. Now surely if they are chasing the debt they should be able to provide everything i request. Is it also right that its not a credit agreement.

Comments

• Culex
    Culex Posts: 776 Forumite
    Options
    stupot_99 wrote: »
    Hi guys need some info. I got a letter from fredrickson stating that i owed £453 for a mobile account, i asked them to prove it to me as i honestly have no recollection of they sent me a balance sheet that made no sense at all. So i then asked them for a copy of my credit report and gave them a pound postal order. They sent it back and gave me a letter saying that the CCA doesn't apply as my contract is for services not credit, and that i can request a copy of the contract from where i originally obtained the device.
    That is simply not good enough, as they appear to have made little/no effort to prove that you owed this money. All that the balance sheet shews is that someone seems to owe that money.
    Now surely if they are chasing the debt they should be able to provide everything i request.
    They should certainly be able to prove that you owe it.
    Is it also right that its not a credit agreement.
    They are correct - it is a consumer service agreement and you would need to contact the company with which the agreement was made.

Did Fredrickson not state which service provider it was?
  • FTW
    FTW Posts: 8,682 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys need some info. I got a letter from fredrickson stating that i owed £453 for a mobile account, i asked them to prove it to me as i honestly have no recollection of they sent me a balance sheet that made no sense at all. So i then asked them for a copy of my credit report and gave them a pound postal order. They sent it back and gave me a letter saying that the CCA doesn't apply as my contract is for services not credit, and that i can request a copy of the contract from where i originally obtained the device. Now surely if they are chasing the debt they should be able to provide everything i request. Is it also right that its not a credit agreement.

As Culex said, a balance sheet is not good - unless they can provide solid proof that the account is yours, you have no obligation to be dealing with them at all.
  • stupot_99
    stupot_99 Posts: 98 Forumite
    Options
    They claim it was for a vodaphone contract, which i did have but there was never any probs as far as i can remember. I have typed up this letter what you think.

[FONT=&quot]Dear Sir/Madam[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Account No: LOW/xxxxxxx[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]As you have failed to adequately prove my liability for the above account, I will not be entering into any more correspondence with your company, nor will I be paying any monies to your company. Please note all future communication will be returned to you unanswered.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Yours faithfully[/FONT]
  • Culex
    Options
    They claim it was for a vodaphone contract, which i did have but there was never any probs as far as i can remember. I have typed up this letter what you think.

[FONT=&quot]Dear Sir/Madam[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Account No: LOW/xxxxxxx[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]As you have failed to adequately prove my liability for the above account, I will not be entering into any more correspondence with your company, nor will I be paying any monies to your company. Please note all future communication will be returned to you unanswered.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Yours faithfully[/FONT]

Before you send this, I believe it would be prudent to check with Vodaphone.
  • stupot_99
    stupot_99 Posts: 98 Forumite
    Options
    I dont know what is going on with this as i just signed up for a vodafone contract on monday surely if there was a problem with an outstanding account i wouldn't have passed their checks.
  • Culex
    Options
    Either the debt had been incurred by you, but Vodaphone demanded their money over six years ago and, under section 5 of the Limitation Act 1980, the debt has ceased to be enforcible and has fallen off Vodaphone's computer system,
    or the debt had not been incurred by you but may have been incurred by someone of a similar name and Fredericksons have assumed you were the debtor.

Given that Fredericksons previous antics have led some people to speculate that being somewhat lissencephalic may be required to work there, the latter certainly seems possible.

A Vodaphone wallah has been known to post to this system now and then. Perhaps he could help?
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi stupot_99

Thank you for bringing this recent letter that you have received to our attention.

Before we can specifically comment on any of the issues, we’d like to take a look at this situation in detail for you. If you could e-mail us directly at webrelations@vodafone.com, providing as much information as possible, such as personal details, previous addresses, any letters received, and any other information that you feel may be relevant, we’ll certainly look to help you out with this matter as much as we can.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Many Thanks

Simon
    Web Relations Team
    Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • jasonkurtsdad
    Options
    hey guys....right fredrickson international......i also got a letter from them for a supposed Orange mobile phone debt....i`ve been with O2 for 10 years .first phone call they made i didnt know about the debt and spoke for a couple mins.....that was a couple months ago. since i`ve had 22 calls to my mobile (thank god for call reject on my samsung!!:D) which they leave a voice mail message, probably as many on my house phone which just gets put down again......several text messages and 1 text through the land line.....then yesterday i got 2 phone calls at the same time on my mobile and the land line. i`m just waiting for my printer to be fixed them i`m goin to send them the prove it letter and a couple others about the phone call harrassment.

the numbers are:- 01565220161, 08450349748, 02081270824, 01204770420, 02086160012, 08453133996, 01614257480, 02079981070
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure