Cornflakes

Options
Hi I am thinking of trying Tesco Cornflakes @ £1.28 for 750 Kg, at the moment I pay £2.47 for Kellogg's. Has anyone done this and did they find much of a difference ? Also I enjoy Shredded Wheat but again would like to find a cheaper alternative if the taste is similar, could I have recommendations please. Thanks
Low Carb High Fat is the way forward I lost 80 lbs

Since first using Martins I have saved thousands

Comments

• yorks808
    yorks808 Posts: 613 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I sometimes buy this 'Country Bran' Corn Flakes in Tesco, its like 79p for 500g. Tastes nice too! Hope it helps!
  • jcr16
    jcr16 Posts: 4,185 Forumite
    Options
    for years my hubby only liked kellogs cornflakes. but now happily eats tesco and morrisons brand of them and enjoys them. however lower brans eg values ones we have found awful. even when used for cornflake cakes.
  • MaryMusker
    Options
    All the Tesco own brand we've had cereal is fine; Special Flakes, Special Flakes with Berries, Malt Wheaties (Shreddies), Wheat Pillows (Bite-sized Shredded Wheat), Bran Flakes, Multi Grain Hoops (Cheerios), Rice Pops, etc. Indistinguishable from branded versions. We've never tried the cornflakes though :-)
  • Emuchops
    Emuchops Posts: 799 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    we have the Value ones-30 something p and we really like them-chewier and smaller than the more expensive brands but very tasty
  • lavinia21
    lavinia21 Posts: 277 Forumite
    Options
    viv0147 wrote: »
    Hi I am thinking of trying Tesco Cornflakes @ £1.28 for 750 Kg, at the moment I pay £2.47 for Kellogg's. Has anyone done this and did they find much of a difference ? Also I enjoy Shredded Wheat but again would like to find a cheaper alternative if the taste is similar, could I have recommendations please. Thanks

I have found that Sainsburys shredded wheat are great on 27p for 24 biscutis as they call them. There in a white box with red writing. Hope this helps
    Positivity is the key there is a reason why life happens. Find your rainbow and ride it.
  • david39
    david39 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    Options
    Currently, Tesco are offering the 500gm size of Kellogs Corn Flakes for £1, which is less than half the unit-rate for the 750gm size.
  • Swiftkidd
    Swiftkidd Posts: 66 Forumite
    Options
    Don't forget to compare the nutritional & ingredient values on both off the products, At face vaule 1 can seem very cheap but at a cost of nasty fillers to keep the price down which might not work out better in the long run, Guess it's a trade off although by no means justifys their price differences.

Prices normally fluctuate accross supermarkets & drop in sale be sure to check on mysupermarket.com
  • viv0147
    viv0147 Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    david39 wrote: »
    Currently, Tesco are offering the 500gm size of Kellogs Corn Flakes for £1, which is less than half the unit-rate for the 750gm size.
    I checked today the 500gm £1.98 250gm £1

• viv0147
    viv0147 Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well, I settled for the Tesco Cornflakes @ £1.28 for 750 kg, tried them when I arrived home and was pleasantly surprised! They are very nice and at half the price, so goodbye Kellogg's.

• david39
    david39 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    Options
    Reference my earlier post regarding Kellogs CFs 500gms for £1 in Tescos, while other people report them at full price - it seems that in the Yorkshire area, we must be lucky with lower prices.

On another board, I reported a Pukka Pies offer in Sainsburys at 2 for £2 and got slated, as other people elsewhere said they were still at normal £1.45.

I checked the Tesco price yesterday after I posted and bought 4 Pukka Pies for £4 the day before.

Looks like people in Yorkshire are so careful with their money that even Sainsbury's have to heavily discount to attract 'em in!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure