How long did YOU lurk?

Options
Hello

How long did you lurk on the boards before joining and/or posting.

What prompted your first post?

bib
DF :grin:

Comments

• Mandamoo_3
    Mandamoo_3 Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Bib

lurked for about two years after signing up to the weekly email. However I didnt join until last week when I did my first post. What prompted me? Although I began a DMP last year my LBM was last week when I realised I could do EVEN more to put toward the debt :D now at the point where I am completely obsessed with it all and have spent most waking moments on here gleaning info and learning!

Mandamoo
    Slowly getting out of debt and still studying :j
  • thechippy
    thechippy Posts: 1,938 Forumite
    Options
    I lurked for about 3 mins before the urge to annoy you lot....:D
    Happiness, is a Kebab called Doner.....:heart2::heart2:
  • Sagz_2
    Sagz_2 Posts: 6,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I lurked for at least 10 minutes.... whilst I read with mouth open about anal bleaching!
    Some days you're the dog..... most days you're the tree! :D
  • SAK45
    SAK45 Posts: 144 Forumite
    Options
    A day or two, then I jumped in. It's just brilliant. Just in a week I've learnt so much and it's a great way to share experiences and to be able to give and receive advice too.
    Even time will never heal these scars
  • Swan_2
    Swan_2 Posts: 7,060 Forumite
    Options
    Sagz wrote: »
    I lurked for at least 10 minutes.... whilst I read with mouth open about anal bleaching!
    I remember that thread :rotfl:

I didn't lurk for long on MSE, but on another forum I visit I made my first post & only then discovered I'd been lurking for 7 years ... I did get some stick :o
  • fishty
    fishty Posts: 76 Forumite
    Options
    I've was lurking for a couple of months. Didn't really start posting until I got up to my neck sorting out the old credit file. :D
    I don't make mistakes! I make prophecies which immediately turn out to be wrong...............
  • fishty
    fishty Posts: 76 Forumite
    Options
    Sagz wrote: »

Pardon...........?
    I don't make mistakes! I make prophecies which immediately turn out to be wrong...............
  • fozmcfc
    fozmcfc Posts: 3,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I had visited the site once or twice over the years, without even looking at the forums.

Decided to sort myself out money wise in Jan 2009 and had trouble checking my credit report in April 2009. I wanted to check to see if I had anything bad on it and give me an idea whether it was worth me applying for a balance transfer credit card.

I wasn't a regular poster in the 6 months or so, but gradually found myself posting more and more.

I haven't created many threads over the past 2 years, but have pretty much got into the routine of visiting several times a day.

The site has so much great advice on virtually everything in life, it is always somewhere I will most likely turn to for advice.

This post has now made me want to look back at my created threads.

Finally, glad to say that I am debt free in a way, as I have more savings then debt.
  • LandyAndy
    LandyAndy Posts: 26,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I came aross the site when British Gas were chasing me for money they owed me:rotfl:.

I got it all back in the end.

I've gradually expanded into other boards that interest me and where I think I can offer advice.

Now I spend a lot of time in the Arms just having a laugh.

I still come her sometimes (I once had debts of +£80k) and I will always offer constuctive advice here but, as some will know, I'm not always 'soft' in my comments.
  • backinbusiness
    Options
    Anal bleaching!!! There's a response I wasn't expecting!

I myself lurked for over a year.

Then I forayed into the forum to say how wonderful the site, the forum and (most!) of the posters are.

A huge wealth of info, tips, advice and moral support. (Anal bleaching!?! ouchie!)

bib
    DF :grin:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family