Scotcall letter

Options
A while ago, last year i received a letter from Lowell stating that I owed a debt. I disputed this and sent them the prove it letter. (At one point I did owe the debt, but I settled it with the creditor, so not sure how Lowell got hold of this).

Anyway, they wrote back last summer with a copy of the "final bill". This is evidently a document which has been knocked together on a PC, with the corporate logo of the company in question appearing very pixellated and, the document overall looks very shabby.

I totally ignored this on the basis that I know I do not owe it.

The default for this is visible on my credit file (and showing Lowell as the creditor) but is due to drop off in a few months.

Today however I received a letter from Scotcall saying that there will be a doorstep visit.

What is the best way to respond? Is there a letter I should send, or shall I ignore it in the knowledge they have no legal powers whatsoever.

I am inclined towards the latter and get the feeling that Lowell/Scotcall are trying this on because the initial default is soon to drop off the file and that it is an attempt to try and pressure me into paying a debt i am confident i do not owe.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport