BR help please

Scenario

Single mom 30 2 girls 4 and 7, income is derived fully from benefits Income Support/Child Tax Credits/Child Benefits/
Full Housing Benefit paid for rent and Council Tax Benefit for Council Tax.

Basically has got herself into a mess financially and has bad health problems and is in and out of hospital on a frequent basis.

Owes around £13.500 on credit card mobile phone contract and catalogues.

Capital One have obtained a CCJ against her and have applied to the local County Court for the bailiffs to go in...her only assett is a 01 Nissan Primera Car that her aunt bought and paid for her but the V5 document is in her name will they accept that her aunt bought the car and allows her to use it or
will they try to take this from her??
Local court have given us a date of April 27th to have her BR petition heard, but did say that if the bailiff appeared on doorstep they would try to get her BR petition heard earlier.

Main worry here is if she loses the car, her younger daughter has one leg shorterthan the other and finds walking to the couple miles to school difficult and when she isnt in good health she needs the car to get to the hospital herself.

Will this CCJ be included in her BR petition?
Her utilities gas and electric are up to date.

I need up to date info re what is allowed in her SOA due to the new changes in IPA law, namely as her income is derived wholly from benefits could the OR issue a IPA if she has spare money available?

Any info you can help with will be appreciated...

Thanks Annie
TODAY I WOKE UP< LOOKED AROUND ME AND SAID TO MYSELF>> ANNIE YOUR ONE LUCKY WOMAN TO HAVE WHAT YOU HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!:D:DLive according to your means, not up to your expectations.

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Has the Aunt proof that she bought and paid for the car? If so, then it is clearly the Aunts property and so cannot be claimed by the OR.

The CCJ can be included in the BR.

If her only income is from state benefits, then the OR cannot/should not apply an IPA.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • IF
    IF Posts: 34,349 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi Annie, If your Aunt's income is solely from benefits then an IPA will not be sought.

I would ask her to contact the CAB and have a face to face chat with a debt advisor, due to her health condition I think this would be best as they will help her with all the forms and allay her fears.

Citizens Advice Bureau - Website: Citizens Advice or visit your local CAB centre (find nearest)

Best wishes
    If...x
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
  • Annie56
    Annie56 Posts: 138 Forumite
    Thank you for your kind replies, and information, I have gotten her a appointment with the local CAB and they have said she can see a Money Adviser to help her fill in the forms.

I seem to have been appointed the one to come to about debt information:cool: in this little village, funny how confessing one night in the pub that it would take me months of careful budgeting to get over the mess the ex OH left me in when he ran off with the blond floozie..ah well now life is so different, have to be careful in these hard times at the moment but my glass if half full not half empty...

Best wishes to all:p
    Annie56
    TODAY I WOKE UP< LOOKED AROUND ME AND SAID TO MYSELF>> ANNIE YOUR ONE LUCKY WOMAN TO HAVE WHAT YOU HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!:D:DLive according to your means, not up to your expectations.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure