wedding dress outlet

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Weddings & Anniversaries
9 replies 3.5K views
lbearlbear Forumite
5 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Weddings & Anniversaries
Anyone have any experience of the wedding dress factory outlet in leicester and how much stock they have?

Am wondering if it is worth the trip? I am in Kent so its quite far but if I am likely to get a bargain, the distance isnt too bad....

Replies

• Maisie_MooMaisie_Moo Forumite
    83 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10 Posts
    Hi,

I went there with my daughter in January and she managed to get a lovely Anna Sorrano dress for £399 they had a huge amount of stock in at that time, but she went with a friend a few weeks ago and said that it was a bit disappointing as they only had half of the dresses that they had when she got hers.
    Having said that I have just looked on their website and it does say that they have had a delivery on March 18th so you could be lucky.
    Personally I would send them an email, the staff there were really helpful.
    Good luck
  • ToneDeafToneDeaf Forumite
    34 Posts
    Hi all
    Has anyone been to the Wedding Dress Factory Outlet recently? I just can't find anything decent in Ipswich less than £500 and wondered if it would be worth the trek to Leicester. Might try locally again over the next few weekends and then if nothing, make the trip north. x
  • jojo2004jojo2004 Forumite
    572 Posts
    My mum and I went to the outlet in March - it was really good to get an idea of a lot of different dress styles, as they have everything from short to full on Disney princess gowns!

I would say:

Go expecting to queue for a changing room (they have 4 so it's not too bad and you can watch others trying on while you wait).

Don't expect such a personal service as you get in a one-on-one appt in a boutique.

There are plenty of dresses in every price bracket, but I have to say a lot of them did nothing for me. The cheapest ones actually looked quite cheap IMHO. Bear in mind also that you will have to find someone to do alterations, as they don't supply them onsite.

I didn't find anything remotely like what I wanted, but I think if you need a bargain/quick dress more than anything else, it's a great solution.

If you're above a size 16, be prepared that they have FAR fewer dresses on offer. A size 10/12 will find almost any dress to fit.

HTH, good luck. xx
    :grin:If at first you don't succeed, then sky-diving isn't for you
  • there is also a sale on at the Tamworth Francesca bridal ... LOTS AND LOTS OF CHOICE. http://www.francescabridalwear.co.uk/news.php
    BRIDAL GOWNS FROM £49!MAIDS/PROM FROM £19! FRIDAY 30TH SEPTEMBER - 10 am - 4 pm SATURDAY 1ST OCTOBER - 10 am - 4 pm i got mine from here and loads and loads of choice xx
  • Hollie84Hollie84 Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    there is also a sale on at the Tamworth Francesca bridal ... LOTS AND LOTS OF CHOICE. http://www.francescabridalwear.co.uk/news.php
    BRIDAL GOWNS FROM £49!MAIDS/PROM FROM £19! FRIDAY 30TH SEPTEMBER - 10 am - 4 pm SATURDAY 1ST OCTOBER - 10 am - 4 pm i got mine from here and loads and loads of choice xx
    are you local to Tamworth? this is the shop im going to look in first there partner ship to formal affair
  • I am in solihull - if you get your dress from francesca bridal you get money off your suit hire too - I got 5 suits for £250 - They gave us an out of season discount, groom goes free discount, a discount as we didn't need to hire their cravats/cravat pins/hankies and also a discount as I got my dress from Francesca bridal....
  • well worth the visit (only found out about the discount for suits as I jokingly said I got my dress fromfrancesca bridal can I have 10% more? and she said if you bring in your reciept you get £50 off the suits! ) Bargain!!
  • Hollie84Hollie84 Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    O thats brill thanx,i always admired there dresses when i walked past there shop in the town centre,i know they have moved now so will be paying them a visit soon and DF is going to formal affair for the suits
  • ToneDeafToneDeaf Forumite
    34 Posts
    Made the trip from Ipswich to the Wedding Dress Factory Outlet in Leicestershire today. What a shambles that was. Had booked an appointment for 11am, as as we arrived bang on 11, there appeared to be about 20 brides to be!!!! Meant to be 4 per hourly appointment, but seemingly the boss had overbooked. After an wait of about an hour, we gave up and drove into Leicester town centre. Thanks to the satnav on our phone we managed to locate 4 wedding dress shops. Special mention must go to "Brides of Bond Street" who we found at 4.10 this afternoon, 20 minutes before they were due to close. What wonderful experience this turned out to be. The staff could not have been any nicer, who were more than happy to continue to advise on what type of dress would suit, and help me into a very large number of dresses (I think I'm overly fussy). I found the one!!! Home very tired, but very happy after my 6 hour round trip!! Glass of wine and feet up now xx
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals