Options
2»

Comments

• benrsmith31077
    benrsmith31077 Posts: 54 Forumite
    edited 30 March 2011 at 9:54AM
    Options
    Absolutely disgraceful behaviour.

Good advice above, although I would also begin recording the frequency of calls and the calls themselves (inform them of this in any letter you send and make sure you send it recorded delivery) Having all their lies and illegal activity recorded and dated would be very inconvenient for them.

You are correct, it is harrassment and the law on this sort of thing is clear. What they are doing is skirting dangerously close to being a criminal offence.

It's a shame that taking legal action to stop this sort of thing is so difficult and expensive, whereas any scumbag after free money can utilise the first ambulance chaser they find to claim for the most ridiculous things.

Edit: Ah King beat me to the recording thing there!
  • king100
    king100 Posts: 1,565 Forumite
    Options
    Invest in this bad boy

TRUECALL
    I all have learnt is from others on many sites.
    Seek legal help if unsure.
    Dont pay Private Parking tickets - they are mere invoices.

PRESS THANKS
    }
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you have caller ID and a telephone that is able, you can block specific numbers from calling you. I recently found this feature on both my home phone and mobile and i have already put it to use on my landline when getting marketing calls :D]

It also has a feature called night mode (or something similar) where you can set it up so that calls are forwarded straight to voicemail if night mode is switched on BUT you can have it set up so certain numbers still get through. I work nights so this is extremely handy for me when trying to sleep during the day - the only numbers i allow are family and close friends which means they can still reach me if there is an emergency......problem with that is that my mother thinks calling me to ask if i'm working tonight (when i've worked the same shifts for years) is an emergency :rotfl:
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Options
    There are template letters you can send to ask for all communication to be in writing - see here - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=11571485&postcount=4
    If they are still phoning a couple of weeks after you sent the letter you could report them to oft.
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • king100
    king100 Posts: 1,565 Forumite
    Options
    Duplicate thread Tixy
    I all have learnt is from others on many sites.
    Seek legal help if unsure.
    Dont pay Private Parking tickets - they are mere invoices.

PRESS THANKS
    }
  • Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Options
    Ah - cheers King, missed that.

Probably shouldn't try giving advice on MSE and the phone at the same time!
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Duplicate threads merged. :)
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • FOURCANDLES_2
    Options
    why do you not change your number?? that would stop them in their tracks and they would need to write to you.Just a thought.
  • Culex
    Culex Posts: 776 Forumite
    Options
    why do you not change your number?? that would stop them in their tracks and they would need to write to you.Just a thought.

Why should someone inconvenience himself and his family / friends just to stop those b[STRIKE]u[/STRIKE]ggers harassing him?

Getting a Truecall or a call blocker would allow him to enforce his request that the [STRIKE]parasites[/STRIKE] debt collectors do not try to contact him by telephone.
  • FOURCANDLES_2
    Options
    Because it seems the dca do not stop and are aware how to even get arround any form of blocking, that is why and for the level of calls received by these people it would be far less hassle to change your number in the big scheme of things it is not that much of an inconvenience and if your family, friends are that put out by changing a number god help us all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure