We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Rights of temps
rkh001
Posts: 324 Forumite
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=313361
I have put the above thread in the Jobseeking section but thought that someone in this section might be able to 'advice'.
I am beside myself - don't know what to do. I like my job, I get on really well with everyone except the woman who sits opposite me. And that too is not down to me.. Most of hte time you have to walk on eggshells jut in case she bites your head off.
Please help.
I have put the above thread in the Jobseeking section but thought that someone in this section might be able to 'advice'.
I am beside myself - don't know what to do. I like my job, I get on really well with everyone except the woman who sits opposite me. And that too is not down to me.. Most of hte time you have to walk on eggshells jut in case she bites your head off.
Please help.
0
Comments
-
You might find this site helpful - it has reference to good resources on to how to handle situations like this at work -0
-
I have worked for a few agencies before, but am no expert, even so i wikll try to help. If your wages are paid by an agency, then they are your employer, not the company - you are just contratced to them. MAybe the agency can help out, or find you an alternative job you could go straigh tin to. The only problem I can see currently, and this is the case with ALL agency jobs, is that the company can terminate your contract at anytime, and dont have to give an explanation - they would probably just say "work is not up to standard" or "work is running low", futhermore it has to be the agency that tells you you no longer have the job, and this usually happens on friday evening (been there done that).
More advice anyway - go to your local jobcentre and ask for a booklet on the Agencies emloyment Act 1973 (they do have these) there is some good info in it, and has the relevent addresses to write to if you have problems with any agency.No Longer works for MBNA as of August 2010 - redundancy money will be nice though.
Proud to be a Friend of Niddy.
no idea what my nerdnumber is - i am now officially nerd 229, no idea on my debt free date0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards