We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

What is a dmp?

Hiya after contacting cccs i am setting up a debt management plan and they have advised me i have to pay them £100 per month, do i just make this payment or do i carry on making payments to my creditors on top?

Comments

  • you only pay them..... and ignore the creditors demands for any further money!!!
    Official DFW Nerd number 227
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!!!!
  • Ok thanks! ON the form i have 2 send to my creditors there is a box that says "since entering into the credit agreement my circumstances have changed..." and asks for my reasons, i dont know what to put!!!
  • most common caauses are drop in income, break up of a relationship ie bf and gf or bereavement someone has died etc

    something like that
    Official DFW Nerd number 227
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!!!!
  • madduck
    madduck Posts: 291 Forumite
    When you had your interview with CCCS did you discuss this? I know that when I started on my DMP we discussed how I got into the situation (family pressures led to me getting well and truely over my head in debt until I got to the stage I couldn't even think about continuing to pay contractual payments), they also explained how things would work out ie I would pay them £x on 1st of month and they would then distribute the monies to the the organisations I owe money to on my behalf, etc.
  • yer we did talk about it, i got into debt because of mortgage and breakdown of my relationship which led to depression

    Used Credit For Living Exp., Separation/Divorce - thats what they put down on mine!!
    Official DFW Nerd number 227
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!!!!
  • I done mine online as im not very confident talking about it over the phone! I just needed to clear it up.

    I got into debt as i went from earning £1000 per month to £300 as i went back to college, but can i put this???

    And if i wanted to pay more than this would i do so through cccs? xx
  • yer so it basically change in income due to further education and if your in a position to pay more you can do so and they will distribute it for you
    Official DFW Nerd number 227
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!!!!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,487
    10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Community Admin
    LolStevo wrote:
    What is a DMP?
    A bloody lifesaver that's what!
    This is a system account and does not represent a real person. To contact the Forum Team email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • haha lennymfo
    Official DFW Nerd number 227
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.