opinions please

Options
opinions please , a lady came into work the other day asking if we sold pretty writing paper ( unfortunately we don't ) and she couldn't find any in the shops , it got me thinking that maybe this was an avenue that we could look at. This is my first attempt at a young boys writing set - I would really appreciate your opinion - it could be used for thank you letters after birthdays, christmas etc , I thought the football design might appeal to the young males
100_6982.jpg
100_6983.jpg

Comments

• botanical
    botanical Posts: 288 Forumite
    Options
    sunrise27 wrote: »
    opinions please , a lady came into work the other day asking if we sold pretty writing paper ( unfortunately we don't ) and she couldn't find any in the shops , it got me thinking that maybe this was an avenue that we could look at. This is my first attempt at a young boys writing set - I would really appreciate your opinion - it could be used for thank you letters after birthdays, christmas etc , I thought the football design might appeal to the young males
    100_6982.jpg
    100_6983.jpg
    I think the idea's a good one.
    Is the set enclosed in the black folder thing? it looks slightly old fashioned.
    Could you make the cover look more like a computer, grey with a logo of some sort.
    Little boys need to look cool too.
    The grey/black ink looks a little amateurish, or is this the idea before printing?

I feel that putting the images down the side is somehow random-looking and not
    quite so appealing and might be better at the top with a stripey dividing line under it.
    Plain envelopes? There's not enough in the package to appeal.
    Pre-headed invites, thank you's etc may appeal.

Sorry for the candour, just my opinion. I'm an artist and designer.
  • sunrise27_2
    sunrise27_2 Posts: 1,349 Forumite
    Options
    thank you for your views
    I have these ideas and go off on a tangent so its always nice to get feedback from a neutral person
    will make some adjustments and post some more photos x x
  • botanical
    botanical Posts: 288 Forumite
    Options
    sunrise27 wrote: »
    thank you for your views
    I have these ideas and go off on a tangent so its always nice to get feedback from a neutral person
    will make some adjustments and post some more photos x x
    look forward to seeing them!
  • themull1
    themull1 Posts: 4,299 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry, no. No offence, but a young boy could probably do better... sorry.
  • LJM
    LJM Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    Options
    I think it is a great idea to work on you could make them up to each Childs likes
    :xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:
  • sunrise27_2
    sunrise27_2 Posts: 1,349 Forumite
    Options
    thank you , to be honest this was just a quick make up one to get the idea 'out there' and ask peoples opinions.
    I already have one customer interested in them for her two children and another lady contacted me and asked if I could make notelets rather than writing paper and she has ordered 10 notelets so happy days x
  • LJM
    LJM Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    Options
    That's good then :) looking forward to seeing some finished orders :)
    :xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure