We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Setting up Payment Plans if You're Self Employed
louisa79
Posts: 32 Forumite
Hi,
I am in debt and dealing with collection agencies (lucky me!)
I am cooperating with them, but as I am going to be setting up a business as a self employed person, I won't be able to commit to a regular monthly payment.
I plan to pay as much as I can afford, but some months I will be able to afford more than others.
Does anyone have any tips, advice or experience they could share with me on the best way to deal with this?
Many thanks
Louisa
I am in debt and dealing with collection agencies (lucky me!)
I am cooperating with them, but as I am going to be setting up a business as a self employed person, I won't be able to commit to a regular monthly payment.
I plan to pay as much as I can afford, but some months I will be able to afford more than others.
Does anyone have any tips, advice or experience they could share with me on the best way to deal with this?
Many thanks
Louisa
0
Comments
-
You could try offering an amount you believe that you will have each month, and offering to pay extra on the good months. Better to underestimate what you can afford and do better than the other way around. I'm sure someone else will advise you better shortlyDebt £5600 all 0%0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards