Large Charity Shops in Glasgow Area Stocking Furniture

Fiasco55
Fiasco55 Posts: 1,347
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
Long title I know but that is what I am looking for. I have a few days off work next week and I am looking for a few pieces of furniture. I though it would be a good idea to have a look around some charity shops that stock furniture. I know a lot of shops do but I want to head to the larger ones where I might get more of a selection. I am after an armchair, bookcase etc.

So, does anyone have any recomendations on some places for me to try? I can travel if you know about a place that is further away.

TIA
No buying toiletries Graduated May 2017
Decluttered 2016 2469 items, 2017 1580 items :j
2018 3060 items
Sealed Pot Challenge No 038

Comments

• jexygirl
    jexygirl Posts: 753 Forumite
    Hi ya,
    have you tried asking on your local freecyle?
    Jex
    Savvy_Sue wrote: »
    I will pay jexygirl the compliment of saying that she invariably writes a lot of sense!
    and she finally worked out after 4 months, how to make that quote her sig! :rotfl:
  • Vaila
    Vaila Posts: 6,301 Forumite
    Salvation Army , Big red cross shop in partick and all the ones along Great Western road, Check the big Sally Ann first though
  • wolfehouse
    wolfehouse Posts: 1,394
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    dumbarton road and crow road
    chest heart and stroke, emmanuas (in the toward whiteinch direction) (all sorts, reconditioned by homeless clients) and maxie richards just before that one(had M&S 2nds there sometimes)
    salvation army at dumbarton road by byres road ihas very reasonable prices (as arran says)
  • One on Argyle Street just next to the station opp M&S. Think there is another one in Renfield Street just beside Kentucky Fried Chicken. Used to be one on Jamaica Street near Argos but think it may be closed.
  • Fiasco55
    Forumite
    Thanks for all of the replies and suggestions. I think I will have a busy few days trying to get round them :D

Off to put an itinerary together :rotfl:
    2018 3060 items
  • suzybloo
    suzybloo Posts: 1,104
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Have you tried local auction houses sometimes you can pick up a real bargain there, and it can be quite entertaining trying to guess who is bidding.
    Every days a School day!
  • scottishblondie
    scottishblondie Posts: 2,485
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 27 March 2011 at 1:53AM
    There's one on Maryhill Road along from the big Tesco, can't remember what it is but I think it only sells furniture. There is certainly a lot of furniture in the windows!

EDIT - had a look on google maps, there are 2 of them there; a Maxie Richards Foundation and a Prince of Wales Hospice Shop.
  • leo2moss
    leo2moss Posts: 170 Forumite
    There's a good one on Stockwell St, just along from the St Enoch car park. The one on Argyll St, opposite M & S I found to be overpriced - it's a Debra shop and they tend to be dearer. The Sally Anne shop in Partick is very good.
  • Fiasco55
    Forumite
    suzybloo wrote: »
    Have you tried local auction houses sometimes you can pick up a real bargain there, and it can be quite entertaining trying to guess who is bidding.

Never thought of going there. Are they any that you would suggest is worth a look?

Really looking forward to having a good hunt around the places suggested - there is loads I didn't know about, so thank you.

Oh and I also joined freecycle too! :D
    2018 3060 items
  • Barnardos on Great Western Rd up near St Georges X :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure