We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
DMP and the rest of it.
tomandjerry
Posts: 267 Forumite
Hi all,
I've decided to go on a DMP eventually. Since Aug 06 (when I had my CCCS app) the situation have changed and even I've been earning more it still seems like I cannot keep up with my min payments and there is never enough money for anything. (I though I could cope, but I can't!!) :rolleyes:
I have a few questions though: Can I pay with a cash card for things I buy online, e.g travel tickets? How do I arrange my DDs (it includes a loan) and how much time does it take? How long does it take to organize a DMP? If I start on Monday next week will it be ready by X'mas?
Can you actually save money while on a DMP?
ANd one more: Could anybody give me a brief and very logic guide about matched betting. I'd love to try. Time is up. :cool:
Many thanks and cannot wait for your incredible support.
TAJ
P.S. I have to create my signature
I've decided to go on a DMP eventually. Since Aug 06 (when I had my CCCS app) the situation have changed and even I've been earning more it still seems like I cannot keep up with my min payments and there is never enough money for anything. (I though I could cope, but I can't!!) :rolleyes:
I have a few questions though: Can I pay with a cash card for things I buy online, e.g travel tickets? How do I arrange my DDs (it includes a loan) and how much time does it take? How long does it take to organize a DMP? If I start on Monday next week will it be ready by X'mas?
ANd one more: Could anybody give me a brief and very logic guide about matched betting. I'd love to try. Time is up. :cool:
Many thanks and cannot wait for your incredible support.
TAJ
P.S. I have to create my signature
DMP started 2/2007
DMP Mutual support #136
DFD July 2013 May 2024 Oct 2017 Feb 2017 April 2017...t's complicated :eek::eek:
DMP Mutual support #136
DFD July 2013 May 2024 Oct 2017 Feb 2017 April 2017...t's complicated :eek::eek:
0
Comments
-
Evening TAJ
Is CCCS sorting your DMP for you? if they are you,have no reason to worry about paying the loans,your payment will go to CCCS,then they will pay creditors on your behalf.
My DMP with Payplan took about 6 weeks to get up and running,so don't think Christmas would be realistic unless CCCS already have things sorted.
Don't see any reason why you cannot save on a DMP,BUT,if you find you are saving a large amount,you would be able to offer creditors more.
Have you posted an up to date SOA? might be worthwhile so that we can work out your current situation.
Glad to see you have (at last
) made a decision,well done and stick at it 
LIHDebt at highest £102k :eek:
Lightbulb moment march 2006
Debt free october2017 :j
Finally sleeping easy in my bed :A0 -
livinginhope wrote:Evening TAJ
Is CCCS sorting your DMP for you? if they are you,have no reason to worry about paying the loans,your payment will go to CCCS,then they will pay creditors on your behalf.
My DMP with Payplan took about 6 weeks to get up and running,so don't think Christmas would be realistic unless CCCS already have things sorted.
Don't see any reason why you cannot save on a DMP,BUT,if you find you are saving a large amount,you would be able to offer creditors more.
Have you posted an up to date SOA? might be worthwhile so that we can work out your current situation.
Glad to see you have (at last
) made a decision,well done and stick at it 
LIH
Hi livinginhope,
It will be CCCS dealing with ME and MY CREDITORS :j , about time to sort things out. I will post an updated SOA asap. I have a w'kend off so more work (here) can be done. :T :A :rotfl: :j
TAJ
P.S. Thanks for PM again.DMP started 2/2007
DMP Mutual support #136
DFD July 2013 May 2024 Oct 2017 Feb 2017 April 2017...t's complicated :eek::eek:0 -
tomandjerry wrote:Hi all,
I've decided to go on a DMP eventually. Since Aug 06 (when I had my CCCS app) the situation have changed and even I've been earning more it still seems like I cannot keep up with my min payments and there is never enough money for anything. (I though I could cope, but I can't!!) :rolleyes:
I have a few questions though: Can I pay with a cash card for things I buy online, e.g travel tickets? How do I arrange my DDs (it includes a loan) and how much time does it take? How long does it take to organize a DMP? If I start on Monday next week will it be ready by X'mas?
Can you actually save money while on a DMP?
ANd one more: Could anybody give me a brief and very logic guide about matched betting. I'd love to try. Time is up. :cool:
Many thanks and cannot wait for your incredible support.
TAJ
Oh, by the way, when I claim bank charges? :huh:
Thanks again,
TAJDMP started 2/2007
DMP Mutual support #136
DFD July 2013 May 2024 Oct 2017 Feb 2017 April 2017...t's complicated :eek::eek:0 -
tomandjerry wrote:Can you actually save money while on a DMP?
In my opinion, in the long term yes, if you can get charges and interest frozen.
I'll give you an example on one of my cards, balance outstanding is £8019, charges & interest last month added £127 to that total.
They have now frozen charges and interest, which means that my £14 pro-rata payment to them each month comes off the total rather than redusing the charges and interest, they have told me that in 6 months if the account is not up to date, they will apply for a CCJ - go for it I said.
So the CCJ will, they say, be applied for in June 2007.
With interest and charges frozen, the CCJ will be for approx. £8000 once you take into account what I've paid them, and Court charges.
If they had not frozen the charges and interest, the then CCJ would be some where in the region of £9000, so by begging and complaining to them enough, it took me 5 attempts, I have saved myself, in theory, £1000.
Get yourself a Maestro Pre-Payment card and yes you can do that, i.e. if your cash card isn't a Maestro or Debit card, goto the cashpoint, pull the money out, "load" it onto the Pre-Payment Maestro and then use that to buy the stuff online.tomandjerry wrote:Can I pay with a cash card for things I buy online?
The Prepayment card I have is a 360money card, http://www.360money.com
Costs 99p a month.BSC Member 44 - not bankrupt yet, but getting there...0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards