We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
what does 'levy distraint' mean???
Comments
-
I would think that bailiffs do work 'out of hours' as they are more likely to catch people in.
Make sure you have some id handy, just in case the bailiff does catch you.
Also if you have some bills, with your name and this address on, preferably some older ones as well, it may help to prove that you are not the person they are after.Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no: 203.0 -
I wouldn't let them in to my home either - they've got no right to be there.JUST DO IT ONE BRICK AT A TIMEPROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTSWeekly Budget: groceries£50/petrol£50/Unnecesary£15DEBT PAID = 58% (£4,212/£8216):T0
-
Ho hum, fun and games. My partner has been given his instructions on what to do if they come round again, and I am now poised with passport, birth certificate, NI number, drivers licence, bills, school reports, note from my mum........:rotfl:
thanks guys, I know I could rely on you for advice!
bellsbells
DFW nerd no = 281 (graduate)0 -
Plus, I wouldn't worry too much about your car. If they're looking for some other woman, how would they think that the car belonged to her? Just don't park it on the drive (if you have one!).
If they do come round, don't invite them in. They're a bit like vampires that way...0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards