We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

A bit more paid off / Hassle

Hi
Just posting as it always feels better putting things down in writing.

One of my creditors was O2 which was for £76.66 originally. Moorcroft debt collection were dealing with this and with Payplan they received £1.10 per month. I paid them some extra to try to clear this and got it to £26.66 in August when I offered a full payment to clear it and £22 was accepted. Not fantastic but all helps so paid by cheque. Today I got a letter dated 18th August saying the cheque I sent would not clear and to be fair I had been so busy with work I didnt even check in August on the cheque. As I had not heard anything I thought it was paid.

Anyway, good old Royal Mail only just delivering this letter. Due to some ebaying and Amazon I received an extra £30 odd this week so I was going to treat myself but thought I would pay this off. Rang Moorcroft and they said as this had not been paid since August they had given it back to O2. Rang O2 and they said I owed £76.66. Explained the situation and they said it was definitely £76.66 owed.

In the end I paid £22 which is what I feel I owe. I take it O2 cannot ask for the whole amount when I have been paying Moorcroft? I have kept letters and receipts from Moorcroft so have this in case. Now its paid (I hope fully) will O2 update my credit file to show this?

Sorry for going on. Just when you think something is a simple task you get hassle.
Total Debt now £22,525.07 Start Debt £32,732.36
£10207.29 OF DEBT PAID OFF:j 31.18%

Comments

  • moozie_2
    moozie_2 Posts: 3,063 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I think you should right to O2 with copies of the receipts of what you paid Moorcroft. Make sure every cheque etc has cleared.

    Unless O2 think you've cleared the debt, I don't think they'll be updating your credit file. I am sorry, it's not over yet it seems.

    It's such a shame when things get muddled up like that but you can get it sorted.
    Leason learnt :beer:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 101,331 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Academoney Grad Mortgage-free Glee!
    Sounds like you owe the £26 owed after payments made but before the F&F settlement was accepted.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.[/b] [11 months left.[/b]
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.