Options

Comments

• mildred1978
    mildred1978 Posts: 3,367 Forumite
    Options
    hunker7 wrote: »
    yes, parents.

And whereabouts do you live?
    Science adjusts its views based on what's observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation, so that belief can be preserved.
    :A Tim Minchin :A
  • hunker7
    hunker7 Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    And whereabouts do you live?

East London. I know, that's why my insurance is in many many thousands.
  • mildred1978
    mildred1978 Posts: 3,367 Forumite
    Options
    hunker7 wrote: »
    East London. I know, that's why my insurance is in many many thousands.

You bet it is.

You're not going to get close to £2k.

Thought of a moped?
    Science adjusts its views based on what's observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation, so that belief can be preserved.
    :A Tim Minchin :A
  • ekkygirl
    ekkygirl Posts: 514 Forumite
    Options
    Insurance is extortionate for young people but I can see why. My girl passed her test at the same time as her 3 friends. Within a couple of months all 4 had crashed badly. My girl rolled her car taking a dark slippy corner too fast, another went head on into a set of concrete steps in the fog , another pulled out in front of a lorry and I can remember the other circumstances. The damage was £1000's on all 4 cars.

Since the accident (18 months ago) my girl is a good, safe driver now but the insurance company will take a while to get their money back. Her insurance went up by £100 the following year.

I don't know what the solution is but it is a fact that young people are a big risk. To themselves and well as others never mind the insurance companies.

I am on her policy and I took the no claims off the family car which I am named driver on. This was suggested to me by the Co Op even though they are aware she is the main driver. This year it cost us £1120.00.
  • hunker7
    Options
    Co-oprative gave me quote for £1300 for 1.4L Focus. So I am happy with that...
  • hunker7
    Options
    ekkygirl wrote: »
    Insurance is extortionate for young people but I can see why. My girl passed her test at the same time as her 3 friends. Within a couple of months all 4 had crashed badly. My girl rolled her car taking a dark slippy corner too fast, another went head on into a set of concrete steps in the fog , another pulled out in front of a lorry and I can remember the other circumstances. The damage was £1000's on all 4 cars.

Since the accident (18 months ago) my girl is a good, safe driver now but the insurance company will take a while to get their money back. Her insurance went up by £100 the following year.

I don't know what the solution is but it is a fact that young people are a big risk. To themselves and well as others never mind the insurance companies.

I am on her policy and I took the no claims off the family car which I am named driver on. This was suggested to me by the Co Op even though they are aware she is the main driver. This year it cost us £1120.00.

No offence, but you have to be awake to drive.
  • ekkygirl
    Options
    No offence? What is your point,?

No offence but Hope you can be as smug when you are wrapped around a tree
  • hunker7
    Options
    No offence? What is your point,?

No offence but Hope you can be as smug when you are wrapped around a tree

my point is how can you drive in front of lorry if you pay attention?
  • ekkygirl
    Options
    I don't know she probably misjudged the distance. You have yet to prove your driving skills.I took time along with others to try to help you here and instead of just saying thanks and maybe laughing to yourself at the girls' misfortune, you had a pop at me. You actually haven't thanked any of the contributions.

You don't actually learn to drive until you have passed your test. I thought the concrete steps in the fog was more unusual than the pulling out in front of a lorry. I drive everyday for work and people pull out of junctions too late all the time. I have to brake to avoid them so maybe the lorry driver could have done that. I was not there.
  • hunker7
    Options
    I don't know she probably misjudged the distance. You have yet to prove your driving skills.I took time along with others to try to help you here and instead of just saying thanks and maybe laughing to yourself at the girls' misfortune, you had a pop at me. You actually haven't thanked any of the contributions.

You don't actually learn to drive until you have passed your test. I thought the concrete steps in the fog was more unusual than the pulling out in front of a lorry. I drive everyday for work and people pull out of junctions too late all the time. I have to brake to avoid them so maybe the lorry driver could have done that. I was not there.

I am not trying to be a jerk here, but people(not all) I see on UK roads (i am not from UK) are just terrible. They have no idea why is inidicators used for and drives in front of you in roundabouts. And mirrors might as well not be there.

I am not saying that I'm very expierneced driver, but probably I drive better then some of 'more expierienced drivers'. I use indicators, I can judge distance and i do have expierience in driving on slippery stuff.

Thanks for help.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport