Experian Online Credit Report

Options
I signed up for my 30 day free trial of Credit Expert from Experian as I wanted to check my credit report online. I signed up on Sunday night and haven't heard anything from them since and when I try to sign in with my username and password I get this message:

"We apologise that your order is taking a little longer than normal to process and as soon as this is complete, we will send confirmation to your e-mail address provided on your application form"

I was wondering how long you usually wait to be able to view the report and also how do I go about cancelling my trial before they charge my credit card?

Comments

• m00nie
    m00nie Posts: 2,314 Forumite
    Options
    your 30 days dont start untill you can get into it, its not set up yet.

i had the same problems so i emailed them and it turned how there was an error and had to re apply for it.

maybe worth a quick email
  • nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Hi daverave, I've had exactly the same problem, it's been going on since Jan for me, I wrote an email to their customer support earlier in the week but got a pretty generic response. Not sure if it works at all? anybody had any success?
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
  • Paul_Varjak
    Options
    I signed up on Sunday too! Got exactly the same problem!
  • boxercrazy
    boxercrazy Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    Hello
    I tried last year and then gave up, and then tried last week again no response so far. I have emailed them since but again no reply!!
  • gustav
    gustav Posts: 243 Forumite
    Options
    daverave wrote:
    I signed up for my 30 day free trial of Credit Expert from Experian as I wanted to check my credit report online.

1.Not sure I see the point of signing up to something like this if you have no intention of using the service on an ongoing basis. As I understand it, this package is designed to monitor activity on your credit file on an ongoing basis, to help prevent fraudulent use of your identity. If you just want to see your credit report, I'm sure there are easier ways to do it than sign up for something you intend to cancel anyway.

2.CreditExpert is £49.99 per annum. MyCallCredit do a similar package for £39.99. Does anyone know if there are similar services available for less money, as I am thinking this sort of service might actually be a good idea (and not just for the free 30day period ;) )
    I know nothing - really!!
  • sfell
    sfell Posts: 64 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, just wanted to say, i signed up and received an activation code (in post) and was then able to make ammendments to my file , as there was some incorrect info on their. CreditExpert was really quick to reply add messages etc, and didn't have to pay a penny! (30 day free trial). I would recommend this, just for the free preview at your report- beware however they do try and charge £4.99 for your credit score!
  • newsmonkey
    newsmonkey Posts: 201 Forumite
    Options
    gustav wrote:
    1.Not sure I see the point of signing up to something like this if you have no intention of using the service on an ongoing basis. If you just want to see your credit report, I'm sure there are easier ways to do it than sign up for something you intend to cancel anyway.

I signed up for it purely to have a look at my credit report, as I'd just been rejected for something. Why pay £2 to get the file sent to you when you can get it for free and then cancel, I thought.

As for "easier ways", the credit report, and various other useful things, can be consulted online at any point, and amended online etc. What could be easier?
  • draconian_2
    draconian_2 Posts: 104 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All

I have been a member of credit expert for a while. At the moment they are having some problems with their site, and think it will be a couple of weeks before they can fixit.

I have found their service of value as I have been able to clear up a lot of rubbish and add notice of correction very easily.

I am now looking to clear up my Equifax report in a similar way.

Hope I can help further.

Cheers

D
  • gustav
    gustav Posts: 243 Forumite
    Options
    draconian wrote:
    I have been a member of credit expert for a while.
    I have found their service of value as I have been able to clear up a lot of rubbish and add notice of correction very easily.
    I am now looking to clear up my Equifax report in a similar way.

So are there big differences between the reports on the three main credit reference agencies ?
    I know nothing - really!!
  • draconian_2
    draconian_2 Posts: 104 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    Between my Experian and Equifax reports there are HUGE differences. Yesterday I ordered my report from the third from CallCredit to see what they have.

So yes big differences.

D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family