PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Problem with silicone bakeware

Options
Hi :)

I have some silicone cake moulds which I love using, both in the microwave and in the fan oven and they are no problem, cakes come out easily every time.

I recently bought some new ones though - they are lovely - like fairy cake moulds but in the shape of stars and Christmas trees.

Only trouble is that no matter what I do (grease them, grease and flour them, use nothing at all) the cakes stick to them every time.

I've treated them exactly the same as the ones I have no problem with - I don't understand?

Any advice would be greatly welcomed.

I was so looking forward to lots of pretty cakes for the family this Christmas.
M.A.C.A.W member number 39 :D

Those who are inclined to casual cruelty say that inside a fat girl is a thin girl and a lot of chocolate. Terry Pratchett

Comments

• nikibella
    Options
    I don't know how this come, but if you want to use them anyways, try to line them with ovenproof paper.
  • DebtphobicDeirdre
    Options
    Try cake release liquid from Lakeland. It works in my silicone fluted round bakeware. It is harder to get stuff out of the deeper ones.
    earn what you can, save what you can, give what you can :hello:
  • cheerfulness4
    Options
    I was treated to a few pieces of silicone bakeware and the only one that sticks is the small cakes/muffin tray. Always get quite a few buns or yorkies that stick fast. Really annoying as I wanted to avoid using cake cases.
  • Pipkin
    Pipkin Posts: 575 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks all :)

I'd thought about the Cake Release from Lakeland, but they charge me ten pound flat rate postage to post out here and unless I need a lot of heavy stuff I really resent paying that much.

I had a look on e bay though and saw some there, will give it a whirl.

Its such a shame, the moulds are adorable, they really are.
    M.A.C.A.W member number 39 :D

Those who are inclined to casual cruelty say that inside a fat girl is a thin girl and a lot of chocolate. Terry Pratchett
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure