Census 2011.....

Kilty_2
Kilty_2 Posts: 5,818 Forumite
Recieved my census forms the other day - addressed to the legal occupier presumably because I'm not on the electoral roll at this address. Letter was open when it arrived which I thought odd.

I only stay here Mon-Fri and I'm moving out at the end of next month.

Don't really want to bother filling it in but don't want to get fined either - would I get away with it since I'm not going to be living here much longer? Obviously the council know I stay here because I've informed them about my council tax situation (exempt due to being a student)

Comments

• dlk
    dlk Posts: 253
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    It's probably taken longer to post this question than just fill it in. I did ours for me, my partner, and daughter last night and it took all of about 5 minutes.

I'd just do it if I were you if you are going to be living there on 27th March
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,302
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    All the census's were open when delivered.
    If you will be there at end of March you have to fill it in.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • donna-j_2
    donna-j_2 Posts: 467 Forumite
    If you were resident on the 27th of March you have to fill it in. Or you risk being fined £1000.

They were open as they were hand delivered and the Enumerators needed to be able to open the form and go through it with the addressee if asked.

It takes a few minutes online.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport