PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Another slow cooker question

Options
Hi all,

Sorry to be a pain again, I'm a new person at this! I did go through search, but I couldn't find what I was looking for.

Is it possible to make bread in a slow cooker? I heard that it was, but can't seem to find much on the net. Has anyone tried this?
Wannabee champagne girl...on a beer income.

Comments

• thriftlady_2
    Options
    No, you can't;) Bread needs to be baked at a high temperature.

May be you can use the sc to rise the dough, is that what you're thinking of ? but I can't see the point in that as dough will rise at room temperature (and even in the fridge).

A conventional oven is the best way of cooking most things, honest ;)
  • The_Pink_Wafer
    Options
    Yeah, I couldn't see it working, just someone said you could :) I might try it at some point anyway, in the oven ;)
    Wannabee champagne girl...on a beer income.
  • Michael_K
    Options
    Is it possible to make bread in a slow cooker? I heard that it was, but can't seem to find much on the net. Has anyone tried this?

I found this short article useful for making bread in a slow cooker.
    http://baking.about.com/od/crockpotbaking/a/howto.htm

For my gluten-free cake and bread experiments, the results are always generally edible, unlike from the oven.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always recieve lots
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family