'The irony of Mrs MSE not being able to sell her clothes on eBay' blog discussion

Comments

• I just typed Lara Lewington in to google to see who we were talking about and it sent to to a site called tartdoris.com, you got to laugh.
    Nothing to see here, move along.
  • goodgirl80
    goodgirl80 Posts: 814 Forumite
    she's a stunner...well done!
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Peanuckle wrote: »
    Far better to either donate to charity or give them to one of the charities that regularly sell celebs bit and pieces on Ebay to raise funds. I'm sure that neither of you need any money the clothes could raise in order to balance the household accounts ;)

That's not really the point though-after all it's very :money: to try and get something back for things you no longer want.
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • Peanuckle
    Peanuckle Posts: 481 Forumite
    tattycath wrote: »
    That's not really the point though-after all it's very :money: to try and get something back for things you no longer want.

Agreed but not at the expensive of your safety though, Mrs MSE is in a different situation to the average person and, as any high profile person, will attract more than her fair share of followers with dubious intentions IMHO.
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Agreed but not at the expensive of your safety though, Mrs MSE is in a different situation to the average person and, as any high profile person, will attract more than her fair share of followers with dubious intentions IMHO.

I think that's a fair summary - my own ebay account is under an anonymous name too (different type of potentially dubious intentions with me!)
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • Violetta_2
    Violetta_2 Posts: 3,588 Forumite
    MSE_Martin wrote: »
    I think that's a fair summary - my own ebay account is under an anonymous name too (different type of potentially dubious intentions with me!)
    Good lord, what potentially dubious intentions could you have???
    Sorry absolutely no help with the Mrs MSE clothes selling, that must be an odd situation for her to be in though. (and I agree with other's she does look gorgeous).
    Booo!!!
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Should have said "as worn by" and thrown in a genuine signed photo of her wearing them.

Then hit the PR machine to drive traffic to the listings, and a forum posting campaign too.

Full of win.
  • tgroom57
    tgroom57 Posts: 1,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    It would have worked very well as long as you didn't put ' ...as worn by ... on her days off.'
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post

so Mrs MSE sells through an intermediary-there are ways around it so she doesn't give out any personal details so as to attract stalkers, weirdo's etc ;)
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • yalisrib
    yalisrib Posts: 96 Forumite
    Blimely Martin, how did you bag her??? :p

When I first joined ebay, I used a nickname name, although my Paypal account had the real name in. My biggest issue was getting a sale as a newbie with no feeback and a silly name. In order to start getting sales I started buying really cheap stuff on ebay to get good seller feedback, then selling really cheap stuff for a pound or two so people would be more willing to take a risk. It worked and I quickly found people taking little notice of the name as long as the service is good.
    Total Wins 2011: Zilch :( :wall:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport