Bonds in ISA's?

Options
I have purchased some bonds which are currently in my share dealing account. Is it possible to transfer this into an ISA? I know it has to be at least 5 years until maturity but I can't find a 'bond' option on any ISAs I've looked at so far. Thank you

Comments

• Aegis
    Aegis Posts: 5,688 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Does your share provider have an ISA option? You should be able to repurchase anything within their ISA that you can buy externally.
    I am a Chartered Financial Planner
    Anything I say on the forum is for discussion purposes only and should not be construed as personal financial advice. It is vitally important to do your own research before acting on information gathered from any users on this forum.
  • LardyCake
    LardyCake Posts: 290 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You can purchase corporate bonds in the HL ISA (you need to do it by phone) and the Halifax self-select stocks&shares ISA (you can do it online). I would imagine there are plenty of others that let you do this. As Aegis hints, I think you would need to sell and repurchase rather than being able to transfer. Why not ask you current share dealer?
  • andi320
    andi320 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    I know, this is 1.5 years late, but just in case anyone else wants to know. HMRC states, that in order to hold bonds in your Stocks and Shares ISA, the bond must have at least 5 years until redemtion and may not have an early redemption option. (correct as of December 2012)
    "Learn how the system works and exploit it while you can..." - best advice I ever had while studying
  • le_loup
    le_loup Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Options
    .... erm. The original poster said as much.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure