PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Malted Fruit Bread.

Options
Hi All
Has

Hi all
Has anyone ever made a Fruited Malt Loaf in a BM using liquid malt as apposed to malted flour?
If so could they kindly post the recipe.
Regards

anyone ever made a

Comments

• lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    malt loaf asks for malt extract- ive not found it yet :confused:

malted flour is what Id call granary flour- with malted flakes etc? Is that what you mean?
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • trihere
    Options
    Hi
    It is malt extract that I have (from Holland & Barrett) but not sure how much to use.
    Regards
  • Rikki
    Rikki Posts: 21,625 Forumite
    Options
    Boots sell malt extract too.
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
  • dannahaz
    dannahaz Posts: 1,068 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have made a really gorgeous malted loaf in my BM, using Extract of Malt. You can get EoM at chemists.

Here's the recipe I use
    http://www.carrsbreadmaker.info/recipes/recipe_malt_loaf.html
  • Zziggi
    Zziggi Posts: 2,485 Forumite
    Options
    dannahaz wrote:

ditto. Tasted fine.
  • Hunnymonster
    Options
    lynzpower wrote:
    malt loaf asks for malt extract- ive not found it yet :confused:

Julian Graves sell it too - funnily enough I just bought a jar in their Hawick store this weekend gone.
    There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't

In many cases it helps if you say where you are - someone with local knowledge might be able to give local specifics rather than general advice
  • CannyAnnie_3
    Options
    Julian Graves sell it too - funnily enough I just bought a jar in their Hawick store this weekend gone.

So do Sainsburys, but on the Pharmacy not the food shelves! And I've seen it in the local chemist.
  • memorygirl
    Options
    Swap the sugar in SS's Fruit loaf - the weetabixy one - for the same weight in Malt Extract. Makes a loaf really like the Soreen one my granny used to have - at least the one slice I managed to get before the greedy Monsters ate the rest did !!!!

Memorygirl
    GOALS - by June 11 2009 - My big 4-0
    Mortgage of £70K / Got £126 2 years salary £12K/ Got £00
    O/pay Mortgage every month 12 / 0 Weight target 10st 7lbs / Currently 12st 10lbs.
    Furnish house on £1K/ Spent £100
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport