Glittermonsters quest to make all things sparkle

Options
So I started a blog yesterday and I'm not allowed to post a link so I thought Id do a diary!

I will make it more money saving! Promise!

Comments

• glittermonster
    Options
    Then I shall begin!!

This is a space for me to write what I want to - for strangers to see if they wish - not people I know. A place to be honest, share feelings, thoughts - the good, bad and really miserable!

Kinda like a Dear Diary, to get out some of the thoughts in my head and maybe make a little sense of it all!

Wish me luck - I feel like I need it!!

So me - I'm in my 30s, live with my oh of just over 2 years, we have no children tho have been trying since December. We both work full time - me 7-6 m-f with kids and him 12 hour day/night shifts.

I'm the youngest of 4 my siblings are all in their late 40s, he's the oldest of 4, a couple of years older than me, his siblings are all close in age. I have 8 nieces and nephews, one of which was stillborn in '99.

I have a history of depression - I was off work for 7months in 2002/03 and returned to my office job to then move into childcare. I consider myself cured but on days like today where I feel I could start crying and never stop I'm not so sure. I still have panic attacks :( mainly due to emotional stress (arguing with my OH) or crowds. When I was really ill I used to scratch - to take the pain away - a form of selfharm - my hands are covered in scars from this and I still do it now when I can't cope with how I'm feeling.

I take everything personally - I'm fundamentally at fault for everythin bad in my life - it's always down to me - that's what I really believe. I was bullied throughout school, have a very critical Dad who I've never been good enough for and several damaging relationships in my past.

I've been through happy pills and counselling and cbt and am a better person for it.

I love my oh and although we argue (doesn't everyone) I do love him to pieces. At the start of our relationship I lied about a friend who I'd slept with, I'd told my oh I didn't sleep with him. Obviously he has trust issues which I've caused. I denied it for 6 months and the truth came out in august 2009. I lied cos I was ashamed I guess :(. This friend is nolonger part of my life - I made that decision and my friend understood.

AND NOW....

I feel incredibly sad most of the time lately. I'm so tired. I'd put it down to hormones - AF is due shortly, but right now I'm not so sure.

I worry too much, I think too much.

I just need some space to write it all down.

I'll be back later.
  • glittermonster
    Options
    Up until I moved out of my parents I was really good with money. That was in August 2008!!

Until May 2009 I only had a 3 day job which paid bills but nothing more. I would add to this with temp work and agency work.

In jan 09 I met my oh and he soon lost his job. He started his new job properly in may 2010 and now I have all the debts below plus car HP, laptop HP and another £2k on my cc which he owes me.

He told me a couple of weeks ago that when we discover I'm pregnant he will save £200 a month so we have £ to buy stuff and for me to be off work.

My challenge to myself for tomorrow/the weekend is to suggest he gives me £100 a month extra towards his cc debt to start clearing it.

I'm a worrier and quite anal about my budget. I'm good at going without and NSD. My job helps - as a nanny I have breakfast, lunch and smacks at work provided by my employer.

I'm committee to clearing my unstructured debts in just over a year and even enjoy making my payments after payday!

So that's my £ diary!!

I want to be able to decorate, to do nice things but right now repaying my/our overspending is much more important.

Some of the loan was for extra deposit and furnishing the house, paying for a holiday we had committed to with oh's compensation which didn't materialise and replacing windows.

The rest - I'm ashamed to say - we have very little to show for.

I've tries to get a 0% cc to transfer ccs to but seem to have been unsuccesful. Unsurprisingly given the level of credit I have!
  • happinessismygoal
    Options
    Hi Glittermonster

I just wanted to say welcome :) I only started my diary yesterday but have been lurking for ages.

I suffer a lot with my mood and when something bad happens (however tiny) I normally bury my head in the sand, I felt like I couldn't do that anymore so started my diary! I love reading everyone else's and seeing how far they have gone, so I hope they are a good inspiration both of us!

I hope it helps you sort everything out and keep focused :)

happiness x
    Total debt £5203.68 :doh:_pale_:whistle: Savings £15
    Target weight 135lbs Current 240+lbs
    "Where's the real food?...Eat what? There's nothing here. Gandhi ate more than this."
    "Oh, no. To live.... to live would be an awfully big adventure."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport