How to use Tesco Clubcard Rewards Tokens

Options
puddles
puddles Posts: 129 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 5 March 2011 at 12:29PM in Shop but don't drop
I've received my first lot of Tesco Clubcard Rewards Tokens and they don't seem to say anything about 'Great Days Out' which are the tokens I ordered as confirmed by the accompanying letter. All they do say is '£10 rewards token' to be used as full or part payment for your clubcard rewards. Do I have to exchange these for Great Days Out vouchers and if so where, or are these the vouchers I give to the attraction ticket office for entry?

thanks.

Comments

• steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You need to Tesco's website
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • fannyadams
    fannyadams Posts: 1,741 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    there's a code on the voucher e.g. S3010 is for loads of different parks and adventures.

although

I just went to the site and I now see that rather than giving you a generic voucher for £10 for you to use anywhere that accepts that voucher they are now activity/theme park/adventure specific :eek:
    just in case you need to know:
    HWTHMBO - He Who Thinks He Must Be Obeyed
    DS#1 - my twenty-year-old son
    DS#2 - my teenaged son
    Barkin Things - my two rescued/retired greyhounds
  • longforgotten
    longforgotten Posts: 1,093 Forumite
    Options
    It is all my fault for not checking till now ..... don't use Tesco's much but saving up to buy rac membership. Just checked and three of my vouchers out of date. Phoned customer services and two vouchers still on system so he was able to put the points back on but one was too old :(. The £5 voucher expiring on the 31/8/2010 no longer showed on the system so I've lost £5.:cool:

Please do not make my mistake, check your vouchers , apparently anything issued over two years ago gets taken off the system and cannot be re-instated.......

Keep 'em peeled
  • puddles
    Options
    Forgot I started this, so thanks to those who have replied.

I can't see on their website where it says what I am supposed to do with the voucher and I'm still a little confused as to whether the voucher I have is the one I had over at the attraction or whether I need to use this voucher to get different vouchers, which would seem a little unnecessary. If anyone could show me where on the website this is explained I'd be eternally grateful.
  • Any
    Any Posts: 7,944 Forumite
    Options
    puddles wrote: »
    Forgot I started this, so thanks to those who have replied.

I can't see on their website where it says what I am supposed to do with the voucher and I'm still a little confused as to whether the voucher I have is the one I had over at the attraction or whether I need to use this voucher to get different vouchers, which would seem a little unnecessary. If anyone could show me where on the website this is explained I'd be eternally grateful.

The vouchers for £1 or £5 or whatever you got from Tesco is for use in store only.

You must exchange them for deal specific vouchers on Tesco's site. Might seem unnecessary to you, but defo cheaper for the providers then for the providers to change all their systems to be able to accept Tesco generic coupons, don't you think? It wouldn't be worth it for them.

Create an account here and then browse.

https://secure.tesco.com/register/?from=https://secure.tesco.com/clubcard/myaccount/home.aspx

Once you pick what to order, put it in the basket and at checkout input the long codes that are on the paper vouchers you got in the post (the £1 or £5 or whatever they are) to pay for it. confirm and wait until it comes through the post or via email if you ordered electronic voucher.

Read the descriptions and T&C though!! Some deals have to be used within x weeks from arrival, some have 6 mths.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,907 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Can I use someone elses clubcard vouchers together with my own? I need another pound to get the gardeners world token I want, but I've not used them before and wasn't sure if the website will accept vouchers from 2 different people towards one deal?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • puddles
    Options
    I've already exchanged the initial vouchers and chose to receive vouchers to be used for Days Out at certain attractions. What I have now received is 4 £10 vouchers which say "£10 rewards token' to be used as full or part payment for your clubcard rewards" - I was wondering of these were the ones I take to the attraction or whether I need to now exchange these, as they say nothing about being for a specific purpose.
  • cymrumam
    cymrumam Posts: 235 Forumite
    Options
    Puddles - The vouchers that you have recieved are the ones that you take to the ticket office/ attraction.
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    elsien wrote: »
    Can I use someone elses clubcard vouchers together with my own? I need another pound to get the gardeners world token I want, but I've not used them before and wasn't sure if the website will accept vouchers from 2 different people towards one deal?

No, vouchers are for your own personal use and not transferable. However, if the 'other' person has the same surname, and lives at the same address as you - it may be accepted.
    There will be more vouchers coming out in a few weeks time, hopefully you can wait till then.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • puddles
    Options
    cymrumam wrote: »
    Puddles - The vouchers that you have recieved are the ones that you take to the ticket office/ attraction.

Brilliant - thanks for that :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport