Bubbly is on the Uppy!

Options
Hello allI have been a long time user of MSE and have been given so much wonderful advice and help and also support it has helped me over a low period of my life.I am now out of that part of my life so I thought a new name and profile and start a new diary and share my thoughts hopes and dreams for myself and my family with you all.I was made BR just over 3 years ago, just after the birth of my second child and to say it was devestated was an understatment.My husband (my rock) was not made BR so we luckily managed to keep hold of our home.A lot of my debt was from business debts - a failed hairdressers and beauty business with some partners.... and I put my trust in people who I thought I could and should trust - how stupid of me.But this is not a place to dwell on past mistakes it is a place to get on with my life.My husband and my two gorgeous children are my life (o not forgetting the family pet... Stan).We have managed on my husband's salary now and it has meant that I have had the time to be a full time mum. I am lucky as being in the beauty business I am able to do friends and realtives for some extra income.I am now very aware about my spending, and I am acutally amazing myself by how much I can save but doing things myself.Don't faint but I managed to make myself (for the summer) a new quilt cover with matching curtains. My mother in law is a godsend.I grew my own veg last year - the kids loved seeing their little seeds blossom into stuff we could eat, so we are very excitied about expanding this year. We've gone without holidays for a while now, but spent some lovely days out and about in the surrounding countryside. But this year - we are saving madly to try and afford a week in spain at a friends villa - lets hope we can just make that.Throughout the winter I have hoarded lots to start selling at boot fairs - so come April most of my weekends will be spent getting up early and having fun selling as much as I can for the holiday fund.I hope I haven't bored you all but I just felt I wanted to give something back and something very positive to show there is a way back after being insuch despair and things can and will get better if you have a mind.I am lucky as I have my family who have been my total inspiration and I am also so determined never to be back in that situation - things are far from perfect but I am getting there, my motto one day at a time.Thank you for taking the time to read
:rotfl:A Yummy Mummy who is working her way out of debt and despair :rotfl:

Comments

• Bubblyblonde
    Options
    Well I have done my Friday housework clean up, we have people round to dinner later. My OH is on the way home and we are taking the little un for a nice drive down to the harbour to pick up some lovely fish for fish pie later, then after we get no 2 we will go off to farm shop and the garden centre to buy some things to plant at the weekend.Enjoy your weekend lovely folk
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,337 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    What a lovely bubbly post :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Bubblyblonde
    Options
    Hi and thanks Beanie Lou (and others for their Thanks) My hope it to try and keep bubbly and upbeat...... as much as I can. We had fun at farm shop and getting fish. Had a great evening with our friends and fish pie.Today we have been planting some seeds - but it is a bit cold to be out for long. Tonight the kiddiewinkies are off for a sleepover at Nanny and Grandpa's (OH parents) they don't live too far from us but they are on the coast. So me and the OH are having a (cheap) date night tonight. After we drop the kids off we are going for a nice long walk along the beach with Stan (wrapped up very warm!) then we will treat oursevles to a fish and chip supper and head home for a DVD night just the two of us. I also picked up a great bargain with wine on the shopping so might treat ourselves.i hope everyone is having a good weekend.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,337 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sounds like a great night :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • BEAT_THE_DEBT
    BEAT_THE_DEBT Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Taht sound wonderful i would love to live byabeach.xx
  • Bubblyblonde
    Options
    Thanks for you comments Beanielou and Beat the Debt.

Beat the Debt, we oursleves don't live on the coast but it is only a 15min drive or so - the Inlaws live by the beach lucky sods but it means the kids spend lots of time there.

Well had a bit of a strange week and my emotions are a bit over the place, I have been offered a job - 3 days a week. Money would be fab but I am enjoying this time of being a stay at home mum.... o what to do.. going to have a good think over the weekend.

I hope everyone has some nice plans. We have a "priates and Pincess" party to attend, so been busy making two costumes - only the older one was invited but the little one didn't want to be left out so we will have our own little one at home

Be back soon

xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills