Low Cost Airline rebooking process

Hi all

Apologies if this is not in the right place.

I booked a flight with easyJet in March from Glasgow to London (£39) great value and never had to change a flight in the past. I wanted to change this March flight to a flight in July (£15 for fare variation plus £30 each way rebooking fee £75 in total).

Out of curiosity I tried a new booking for the same flights and it would have cost £48. Somebody is being ripped off here.

I wrote to easyJet hoping they would do something about the rebooking fees but alas no. However I was encouraged to use the rebooking process "so as not to loose my original payment."

I have emailed them back to ask that they advise on their website rebooking section that it may be cheaper to book a new flight so await their reply.

Just thought I'd share that with you to pass onto friends who may find they need to change their flights in future.

Regards
Alex

Comments

• Lynsey
    Lynsey Posts: 9,486
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Always check to see if it's cheaper just to lose the flights and re-book.
    I was helped out a long while back by MSE'ers regarding the Ryanair 1p flights when I booked just in case we could go. We couldn't go and wanted to cancel but it would have cost a fortune (admin. fees). We just never turned up for the flights (as advised) and lost 4p. lol

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure