misscousinitt's MF Diary

Options

Comments

• misscousinitt
    Options
    Happy New Year MCI :beer:

Congratulations on your new life, could you PM me a link to your online shop?

I realise it was last August, but I !!!!ing love the fact that you were given a PH meter for chutney when you left work :rotfl:

Hi Ed

Lovely to see you popping by. I like the PH meter too lol.

I will PM you,

MCI
    Mortgage Free x 1 03.11.2012 - House rented out Feb 2016
    Mortgage No 2: £82, 595.61 (31.08.2019)
    OP's to Date £8500

Renovation Fund:£511.39;
    Nectar Points Balance: approx £30 (31.08.2019)
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That's very gracious of you, MCI :) I'm glad it's been a smooth process for you :kisses3:
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • misscousinitt
    Options
    First tax return done!!! Going to pay the bill when I've done DHs and then I can pay them both together. Was a little more than I expected - but I have also come to expect that the 'benefits' part of being employed is always in arrears as it crosses the tax year end and has usually changed. Oh well, only next years' to cope with then it's all me...

Doing the MILs tomorrow.

Been looking at the categories for my business expenses so I can get ahead with getting everything ready for the end of the tax year as I know what I am like - I'll just leave it and it will be a mad panic this time next year. Need to get into a routine and need to get myself motivated.

Cat had decided she doesn't like me on the computer (except when she's asleep) as I'm not paying her enough attention lol.

OP made earlier (almost forgot to do it!). Will update signature when the account has updated.

Going to finish putting my sale items on tomorrow - pointless trying to take photos when it's dark outside.

MCI
    OP's to Date £8500

• misscousinitt
    Options
    Sad news this morning that one of my dear friends' Dad died suddenly last week. I never knew him, but heard numerous tales about him and my friend was very close to him. This particular friend supported me when my Dad passed away nearly 5 years ago and although we live a couple of hundred miles apart that contact was invaluable to me at the time. Time for me to return the favour if wanted.

Today's tasks include (hopefully) - 2 more tax returns. Doing DH this morning and hope to do MILS this afternoon. I also need to go and see my Mum to tell her ha bout my friends father and to deliver a couple of bits of shopping. Going to carry on sorting out my accounts too after I've put the rest of my sale items on the Web site; stock take will probably happen tomorrow.

We are going for our new year meal tonight at one of our favourite pub restaurants - we haven't been for a good while (nearly 12 months) and it will be a real treat for us both.

MCI
    OP's to Date £8500

• misscousinitt
    Options
    So, I've had quite a productive morning.

DH tax return done - so we just have to pay now!

Arranged to do MILs this afternoon.

Sale item photos done and items are now on the web-site.

Off to Mum's shortly and then down to MILs.

I like being back on the diary - helps me to keep focus on the jobs in hand.

MCI
    OP's to Date £8500

• Karmacat
    Options
    It's good in diaryland, isn't it :) I'm glad it's still positive for you :)

Very sorry to hear about your friend's dad though. And it being sudden brings its own set of traumas :(
  • misscousinitt
    misscousinitt Posts: 3,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 12 January 2018 at 6:51PM
    Options
    Lovely meal was had last night and was only about £2 over budget!

This morning was spent sorting out business and charity FB posts and taking a close look at the diary to see what's feasible market wise but also planning time off to spend with DH. Booked a market for March.

This afternoon I have spent organising and stock taking all my packaging and sundry items that I use to make up the gifts. Literally just finished. Condensed a load of boxes, everything is labelled and there are about 6 empty boxes which have now been flat packed. Just need to put prices next to all my items and then I will know how much stock I'm carrying. I also scribbled some notes on alternative uses and ideas for key marketing times - I will work these into some sort of plan.

Pleased with what I've achieved. My reward will be yoga tonight (first time in nearly 2 months) and home made pizza for tea.

Happy Friday all.

MCI

P'S All tax returns done. MIL is owed money (10) and we've still got to pay, but at least they are done.
    OP's to Date £8500

• misscousinitt
    Options
    Saturday was a mixed day. DH got a couple of jobs done down my mum's that have been wanting for a while - glad to get them out of the way. Mum not so good at the moment as she had a little fall in the week and it's knocked her about a bit. My brother is keeping a close eye on her. I'll be going back in on Monday with shopping. It's worrying, but trying to keep positive - she's a tough bird really.

Put prices next to most of my items on my stock list - still some to go and already up to £270 (the ones left are quite large too...) it does explain why the cc debt is at what it is and reassuring in a way that once these items are sold I can pay the debt down - though this may take another year yet (debt on 0% for a long time yet so no worries there).

I then went to sleep! DH nodded off too, so back end of the afternoon was, not wasted , but shall we say not used to capacity; although I did clean the kitchen.

Tea was salmon, jacket potato, avocado and DHs special salad - it was nice and surprisingly filling. Second night without alcohol has done me good I think.

Today we are off down to Wales to visit friends (who I haven't seen for months). Be good to see them and give the kids their presents.

Have a lovely Sunday all.

MCI
    OP's to Date £8500

• Karmacat
    Options
    That *does* sound like a lovely Sunday. Hope Monday is good too, and your mum is better.

Erm, the nap ... since you're actually a hive of activity, can I suggest that not only did you not waste the afternoon, you used it well!
  • misscousinitt
    Options
    Thanks KC...managed to sleep during the night too so must have needed it.

It's been a nice day...jumped on by our friends kids, putting leg together watching films and daft kids programmes and a good old chin wag catching up. Back home now and ready for bed. Cat leased or see me too and she's curled up beside me in DHs spot on the bed (he's downstairs unwinding after the drive home).

Tomorrow is another day.

MCI
    OP's to Date £8500

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure