PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Can you recommend an electric cooker?

Options
I am are looking to get a new electric cooker. I'd like to spend under £500 if at all possible. It needs to be 60cm wide and have a double oven.

I am currently leaning towards a Hotpoint.

Any advice and/or recommendations gratefully received.

Many thanks:D
Sealed pot challenge number 1106 :j

Comments

• donny-gal
    donny-gal Posts: 4,654 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It is all a matter of personal preference, and what features you feel benefit your style of cooking.

I have used both these companies, and found them OK

http://www.tradingpost-appliances.co.uk/index.php/cookers/electric.html?hob_type=37&oven_type=40

http://search.appliancesdirect.co.uk/nav/width/6000cm/hobtype/ceramichob/numberofovens/doubleoven/fueltype/electric/ml/Cooking/type/Cookers/hbct/bct/0?isort=price

Happy Hunting.

DG
    Member #8 of the SKI-ers Club
    Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?
  • bertiebots
    bertiebots Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    Options
    I got a new electric oven from argos in December..I got it as part of a package including a hob for £199 and it is a bush stainless steel fan assisted oven (a rated) with a conventional oven option and grill. It was an absolute bargain as its a fantastic oven and I would recommend looking at the cheaper brands . The gas fitter who fitted my hob also commented on my hob and said it was very good quality! Argos is always worth a look and the have lots of product reviews to help you choose (for the majority of products).
    JAN GC- £155.77 out of £200:D FEB GC £197.31 out of £180:o. MARCH GC - out of £200
  • moonpixiewitch
    Options
    I paid a pound for a months trial of which magazine to find my cooker. I went for the Indesit one they rated highest (£368 delivered) as I could not justify spending over £800 on the Zanussi / AEG which had the same rating by which .
    the indesit kd6c35 is 60cm wide , has double oven , main oven is a fan oven , top oven is also a grill , hob is ceramic. Mine arrived on saturday and I am delighted with it , it cooks evenly , easy to clean and has lovely finish(i chose moonstone).

my last cooker was a zanussi and has only just 'died' after 13 years of hard service . nothing ever went wrong with it in those 13 years but £800 was beyond my pocket for replacing it .

hth
    Started my own business and loving being my own boss
    march gc 144/230
  • Lyns15
    Lyns15 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone used whitebox.co.uk? Their prices are resonable and have free delivery (I live in Scotland).

I have looked in Argos but have found them quite dear for a freestanding cooker but I will continue to look!!

Subscribing to which is great idea. I hadn't thought of that.
    Sealed pot challenge number 1106 :j
  • bridgetdunstable
    Options
    Just wanted to add another vote for Indesit. I have the same model but in stainless steel, which I have had for 18 months. Am very pleased with it. In comparison with some cookers it was a cheaper option but cooks well and I've had no problems with it so far!!! I ordered mine from appliancesonline.co.uk.

Hope this helps.
  • property.advert
    Options
    The latest thing seems to be some form of automatic cleaning with about 3 types of technology. I'd be investigating that as a matter of priority.

Which? has a very good review section. Well worth a look.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure