dress still not here

Hoping one of you lovely ladies can help. I bought my dress back on September from a shop, and on the paperwork it says it would be due in February 2011. Today is the last day in February and they've not been in contact to say its here or its delayed or anything.

Bearing in mind that I don't get married for another 6 months anyway should I call the shop and chase the dress or is it normal for it to not arrive on time. Don't want to get all bridezilla on them, but I'm impatient and I want my dress!
Eu não sou uma tartaruga. Eu sou um codigopombo.

Comments

• shellsuit
    shellsuit Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'd give them a quick ring to see what the delay is.
    Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...
  • doesnt hurt to ring, at least it will put your mind at rest!
    Hi, Im Morgan Freeman.
    Your reading this in my voice, aren't you?
  • I ordered mine in Sept and was told it would be in Jan/Feb. It came at the end of Jan. I would call them just to put your mind at rest xx
    :heart2: Got Married on 30/4/11 :heart2:
    Joined SW 12/7/12...
    -4.5, -3 (1/2 Stone award), STS, -1.5, STS, -2 (SOTW)
  • 4nnabella
    4nnabella Posts: 1,889 Forumite
    I would ring to see if they know what's going on. It could be that it's come in, they just haven't had a chance, or have forgotten, to ring you...
    :j Debt Free 27.07.2011!! :j
  • Just give them a call - you've plenty of time so you don't need to go all Bridezilla, but if there are problems them you have time to sort them out!
  • sammr85
    sammr85 Posts: 740 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    EXACT same thing here. I too ordered (and fully paid!) for my dress in September. Was told it would be back in Feb. My Mum rang on the 11th to sort suit fittings for my dad and brother and also enquired about my dress. The woman told her it was due back beginning of feb according to the paperwork. So i waited and waited, expecting a phone call each day that passed. Well I gave in and rung them last Monday and was told they would ring the designer to find out when the dress is due in. I heard nothing! So I rung again Friday and I spoke to a different woman, she also said she would ring designers and call me right back. She DID! My dress is sue back NO LATER than the 11th March!

Only difference is my wedding is 9th April this year! this will give them just 4 weeks to get it sorted as I will def need alterations as I am a touch on teh small side ;)

Your dress isn't by Mark Lesley is it?
    Total Debt at LBM - £19107.03
    Total now - £11091.22
  • codemonkey
    codemonkey Posts: 6,534 Forumite
    Sammr, its a Romantica. Quite glad I'm not the only one although I hope your dress comes in ok.

I havent heard anything bad about the shop but I think i'll give them the rest of the day and call them tomorrow to find out what's going on. That way they can't say its still February and not late.

I'm just a bit worried as a couple of people I know have ended up in different dresses because the (different) shops didn't tell them it was late. In one case the bride was told the dress would be 2 weeks later, then another 2 weeks and so on, until she was told it wouldnt be in until the day before her wedding, and then when it arrived it wasn't the dress she'd chosen.
  • aarchk
    aarchk Posts: 479 Forumite
    I would definitley call up. Some shops dont order the dresses until they have to as they dont have the storage space, I have also heard of shops forgetting to place the order and then sneaking it in when the bride chased and just brushing off the delays. I think it is best to chase just to be on the safe side.

I would hate to have waited for my dress and then found out they sent the wrong one at the last minute. what a nightmare!
  • zcrat41
    zcrat41 Posts: 1,728 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Don't be so blimming british - its your dress you've paid a hell of a lot of money for - RING UP and find out what's going on!
  • codemonkey
    codemonkey Posts: 6,534 Forumite
    Spoke to them today. They say they chased it up with the designer last week. My dress was sent today and once they've checked it they'll contact me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure