Make your own Wedding Rings??

Biff0r
Biff0r Posts: 49 Forumite
edited 29 August 2023 at 4:40PM in Weddings & anniversaries
At a wedding fair today and a local company are doing make your own ring, you choose the materials, stones etc and make it round, join it and they polish it and set the stones (if any) (they have their own workshop)

Has anyone heard of this?
Not that much about it going on in google from what i can find?

Sounds like a great idea and makes the rings even more special

thanks in advance

Comments

• maryke
    maryke Posts: 97 Forumite
    It does sounds like a great idea. If you manage to find more info on it please post :)
    Sounds like it would be hard to make an intricate design this way though..
    No trees were harmed in the posting of this message;
    However, a significant number of electrons were slightly inconvenienced
  • Biff0r
    Biff0r Posts: 49 Forumite
    We are booked in for the 12th march, from what I was shown, once you have chosen the metal, gold etc, carat, any inscriptions are pre done and all you really do is warm it up, bend and join (nothing too serious -the women do the men and the men do the women - so shouldn't be too complicated :D)

I let all know once I have done it etc. (price pending)
  • We are making our own with the wedding ring workshop - you melt down the gold and shape it - we are just having plain gold bands. There were others when I researched it who let you shape the gold but not melt it down - I agree - It all makes it more personal and it is the most expensive part of the wedding for us as it is the part that lasts longer than one day!
  • aworbey
    aworbey Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 27 April 2011 at 1:18PM
    Yeah, I've been to a wedding fair just recently and there was a company there advertising the same thing. Gave us their little speach, we took some leaflets and off we went.

The company in question was Smooch Rings - found here

www.smoochrings.co.uk

For us they were quite expensive as we were looking at Platinum but basically we were told you just pay for the metal you want. Also as they are only a web based company they come out and visit you I think.

(Sorry cant post working links, copy and paste replacing 'dot' with a '.'if you want as I'm still a 'new user'):j
    If you like my post, please click the THANKS :)

:love:Marrying my gorgeous partner & best friend, 4th May 2013 :love:
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 207 Forumite
    If you are some time away from your wedding you can join a good evening jewelery making course and make your ring there, complete with setting the stone. You will save money and have fun. Check websites of local colleges. Also, if you're in Scotland you can use ILA on some of them, making it free :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback