We cant make our mind up

Options
if we should stay put or follow our dreams of living abroad, so I have decided to keep a diary for me to put down my thoughts as I think I am driving my family and friends insane.

So some background. OH and I have 2 kids DD 9 and DS 6. We sold our house last year and moved to a new area. We had planned to buy another house but a year down the line we are stll renting as I think we both know if we buy another house we may never make the move.

So as it stands OH has contacted an agency to see IF he has the skills relevent for a move to Australia:eek: however there may be a slight chance of OH getting a job in Spain with hs current employer.

As you can see we just don't know what to do. In the meantime OH and I are currently saving as much money as we can to add to the money left over from our house sale so that whatever we decide we have the finance to do this.

So anyway thought a diary would help keep me sane and also give me motivation on the money saving side.

If anyone is reading :wave: and if anyone has ever thought of moving abroad and has any advise then I would like to hear your story.
Feb 2012 Grocery Challenge £200/£4.00

Save 12K in 12 months - £12K/£250

Comments

• kit77
    kit77 Posts: 197 Forumite
    Options
    Well the sun is shinning and the mood in our household is much better today.

Plan for today is to move some OH overtime money to our savings account.

I have also volunteered to do a couple of extra shifts this month so that money will go in our savings pot as well.

DS 6 keeps asking when are we going on holiday so might spend sometime today looking at hotels and things to do for where we plan on going. OH works for an airline so we get staff travel but we go standby so there is no gurantee if we will get where we want to go but it is always a bit of an adventure.
    Feb 2012 Grocery Challenge £200/£4.00

Save 12K in 12 months - £12K/£250
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family