Chinese Buffet in Glasgow

sogs
sogs Posts: 243 Forumite
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good chinese buffet restuarant in Glasgow, going to stay overnight next month and looking for something for all the family.

cheers

Comments

• LittleBoots
    LittleBoots Posts: 1,097 Forumite
    Theresone on pretty much every street in the city centre ;)
    China Buffet King is always good. I've not been to one for ages although I think its best to go around 5-6pm ish as the food is fresher. I once went at 8.30pm and it was only dregs left and they werent filling up the buffet.
    It's sooo easy, eat less and move more, don't spend more than you earn. Now to put it into practice...
    Debt - £2236.55
    Lbs to lose - 21
  • Chukoku in Sauchiehall street is good especially if you are taking kids. It's free for under 5's and half price for under 10's, there's also a discount for pensioners. It's a bit bigger than China Buffet King and there's a huge selection of food. It's cheaper to go at lunch time, it gets more expensive at night but there's sushi and satay sticks that are not available during the day.
  • gambit27
    gambit27 Posts: 89 Forumite
    I like China Buffet King, so do my kids who are 11 & 8, if you choose to go there, try the one on Sauchiehall Street, another nice one is Panda at The Quay, not far from city centre, but they only do a lunchtime buffet. It's in a compex though, and has bowling, cinema, and other restaurants, we go fairly often over the weekend and the kids love it.

China Sea in city centre is a favourite though, they do a cheap lunch, although it's not a buffet, but good value, and the food is good quality.
    Sealed Pot Challenge member 1315
    DFW Total debt [STRIKE]£14,453 [/STRIKE] £6,273
    Lbs to lose [STRIKE]50[/STRIKE] 35
  • Yinster
    Yinster Posts: 1,494
    Holiday Haggler I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    sogs wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good chinese buffet restuarant in Glasgow, going to stay overnight next month and looking for something for all the family.

Which night you staying as price varies depending on whether it is weekend or weekday. And where will you be staying?

If it is in the centre personally I go to Chukoku in Sauchiehall street as they have a greater choice than China Buffet King. Slightly more expensive but the food is a better quality. Plus round the corner in the back there is usually Chinese people eating a traditional dish where they cook their meal at the table with a big bowl filled with broth.
    Wins in 2015

Kettle Chips, Cambridge Satchel Bag, Tixs to Sound Of Music UK Tour, Name on a bench, Hotel Chocolat Eggs, Cuddly Dog, Stabilo pens, Samsung Galaxy Tab S, LG G Flex 2 phone, Gramofon, Lunch Meal For Two at La Tasca, Lunch For Two at Handmade Burger Company, £30 Gourmet Burger Kitchen Voucher, Canon Ixus Camera
  • Possibly a bit late for this, but the Manchurian on Dumbarton Road in Partick has a tapas-style offering, £12.50 (£13.50 on Saturdays) for all you can eat chinese food - a range of starters and mains, and either a fritter or ice cream for dessert. All the food is cooked fresh to order and tastes great.

Obviously only useful if you're out towards the west end, but since I tried it, I don't think I'll be going back to buffet food that's been hanging about in the open for a while!
  • gambit27 wrote: »
    Panda at The Quay, not far from city centre, but they only do a lunchtime buffet.

Panda does all day buffets. we always go in the evenings :)
  • Kilty_2
    Kilty_2 Posts: 5,818 Forumite
    MADONION82 wrote: »
    Chukoku in Sauchiehall street is good .

+1.

Far better than China Buffet King in my experience.
  • sarahgail
    sarahgail Posts: 71 Forumite
    The Kings Lodge on Union Street, just beside Central Station is lovely - China Buffet King has gone way down hill in my opinion.
  • MADONION82 wrote: »
    Chukoku in Sauchiehall street is good especially if you are taking kids. It's free for under 5's and half price for under 10's, there's also a discount for pensioners. It's a bit bigger than China Buffet King and there's a huge selection of food. It's cheaper to go at lunch time, it gets more expensive at night but there's sushi and satay sticks that are not available during the day.

Would have to agree this is one of the better ones. Go there regularly with my mum and daughter. Food is always good, although you get a better selection after 4.30 and it gets better again at 6.30, although the price increases each time. Think the dearest is 11.99 a head for adults.:beer:
  • LMCD
    LMCD Posts: 649
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    sarahgail wrote: »
    The Kings Lodge on Union Street, just beside Central Station is lovely - China Buffet King has gone way down hill in my opinion.

yup i will say and i wasn't happy they suggested i breastfeed in the disabled toilet either!!! never again
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure