PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Some Farepak Help

Options
icon1.gifSome Farepak Help
Good Evening Guys :)
I know those of us who come on this thread are DFW and so I'm probably going to get a DFW smack on the wrist for this, but while out in the supermarket today, I saw that an appeal for donations to help victims of the Farepak Fiasco.
I saw the chairman enjoying his holiday in Argentina last night and I saw an 8 year old boy dissolve into tears this mornning at the thought of no Christmas.
These people tried to spread the cost of Christmas over a year and will probably end up with around 4p for eveery £1 invested. This is a DFW principle and while we are all in need of help, these people tried to help themselves and nearly a million people are estimated to have been affected. I hope that's why I'll be forgiven for posting this suggestion here.
I'm in no way connected with Farepak or a victim - I just think word of mouth can work miracles.
So with your permission, the address for the Farepak Responce Fund is:
www.farepakresponsefund.org.uk.
If you want to help, go to the website, and check out the options. I have next to nothing but it breaks my heart to think of all these families sitting there watching all the TV adverts for "The Best Christmas Ever" when they've even had the food taken from them.
Sorry if someone else has posted this:o Look after each other
Much Love,
Tiff xxx
Sorry guys - Link fixed I hope x
"If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think a negative thought." ~ by Peace Pilgrim.
'You just got Tiffed!' ;)

Comments

• lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    tiff, I think youve misspelled it :o link doesnt work
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Tiff,

I agree with you, what has happened with Farepak is dreadful and so many families are going to have a miserable Christmas this year.

Martin has posted a "What to do guide" about Farepak on the Christmas board. I'll move this thread over there later, but I'll leave it here in the meantime just incase anyone doesn't know about the link you have posted.

Pink
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport