PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

This Morning-Lisa faulkner,1 mince recipe= 2 dinners

Just caught the tail end of this on This Morning ITV.Lisa Faulkener(celebrity masterchef winner),was cooking her grannies,mince stew with dumplings and a mince plate pie..looked good,heres the link if anyone interested.
http://thismorning.itv.com/thismorning/food/stew-pie-one-recipe-two-dishes
Slimming World..Wk1,..STS,..Wk2,..-2LB,..Wk3,..-3.5lb,..Wk4,..-2.5,..Wk5,..-1/2lb,Wk6,..STS,..Wk7,..-1lb.
Week 10,total weightloss is now 13.5lbs Week 11 STSweek 14(I think)..-2, total loss now 1 stone exactly
GOT TO TARGET..1/2lb under now weigh 10st 6.5(lost 1st 3.5lbs)

Comments

• Vaila
    Vaila Posts: 6,301 Forumite
    Just seems like the common sense thing to do
  • cooking-mama
    cooking-mama Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    edited 24 February 2011 at 3:21PM
    arran_m wrote: »
    Just seems like the common sense thing to do
    Not for everyone tho;)
    ..I enjoyed what i saw of it,wish id seen the full presentation,im not keen on bulk cooking,im fortunate in that i work part time,therefore i dont need to cook 10 mince/stew/chilli/curry whatever dishes for the freezer..i dont mind freezing my meat in its raw state,but i hate freezing precooked food,to then defrost it to then re-cook/heat etc,but i do like cooking 2 meals from one recipe,with 1 meal being stored in the fridge(rather than freezer),so im always looking for ideas like this one...in fact im sure i posted a thread a while back looking for "mini" bulk cooking ideas like this.:)
    PS,forgot to add,I didnt post simply for the concept,it was mainly for the recipes if anyone was interested.
    Slimming World..Wk1,..STS,..Wk2,..-2LB,..Wk3,..-3.5lb,..Wk4,..-2.5,..Wk5,..-1/2lb,Wk6,..STS,..Wk7,..-1lb.
    Week 10,total weightloss is now 13.5lbs Week 11 STSweek 14(I think)..-2, total loss now 1 stone exactly
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 24 February 2011 at 5:17PM
    marmite! :happyhear she's a girl after my own heart :D

great link, thanks c-m, I'll put a link to this thread on the GC recipe index :T
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • Byatt
    Byatt Posts: 3,496 Forumite
    Love the sound of the dumplings! Never thought to add cheese.

Cooking-mama, I have a small fridge and freezer, (I live in a shoebox lol), so can't freeze cooked meals, so thanks for this, really useful and I will just use smaller portions as there's just me. :)
  • cooking-mama
    cooking-mama Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    edited 25 February 2011 at 3:53PM
    Byatt I love the sound of the cheese n chive doughballs too,we're gonna have the mince and doughballs for dinner tomorrow,my youngest asked for doughballs last week,but ive never made them before,but il try these ones..
    Yeh- theyve added a video link to the presentation now,.:) im gonna watch it in full.
    Tut tut Lisa,bangles clanging off the mixing bowl is offputting,I hate to see people cooking with long sleeves or jewellery on.still at least her hairs in a nice neat ponytail.;),good to see so much veg in the mince,ive neve tried marmite in it before..first time for everything tho.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure