2011 is about time Mrs jj and I grew up....

Options
2»

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,338 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sounding good me thinks :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • jumpingjon
    Options
    Well the fridge, cupboards and freezer have all been strip-searched and a shopping list has been made.

Mrs jj has volunteered to stay in bed whilst I go to sainsburys on an early shopping raid. Need to spend 50 quid to get a tenner of the bill thanks to voucher thingy I've got. Hoping that there'll be a few things on special (washing powder pretty please) as the final week in the month will be a bit tight.

Will update tomorrow with a positive post I'm sure.......

Time to go - Mrs jj has been on the phone for nearly an hour - time to redial before BT start to charge!

Cheers
    jj

Main Objective - Zero all credit cards in 2011. £3400 / £16000 achieved at 28Feb11
    Secondary Objective - Start financial profile fix/rebuild
    Third Objective - Learn, share, help & support!
  • jumpingjon
    Options
    Weekly shop done - limit was £60 which with the ten pound voucher means a £50 cash payment. Came in at 60.85 which is pretty much spot on.

Managed to get a load of meat on cheap which will last us 3 weeks. Also managed to get washing powder which was reduced :D

All in all a good shop.

We're pretty much on budget so far for the month - admittedly we blew about a fiver earlier this week on some choc and snacks but if we use our vouchers sensibly, we can recoup that. Also, our budget for petrol this month is fifty pounds but we'll 'only' spend twenty so a saving there which will handily go towards the overpayment to Tesco credit card at the end of the month.

Meanwhile, its sunny here and we're both happy and healthy. :T
    jj

Main Objective - Zero all credit cards in 2011. £3400 / £16000 achieved at 28Feb11
    Secondary Objective - Start financial profile fix/rebuild
    Third Objective - Learn, share, help & support!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure