PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

My husband finally made me a meal........

Options
Well. It's only taken 6 years of marriage but last night I cam home to a truly splendid OS meal cooked by by husband. A lovely spag bog made with yellow stickered mince, smart price pasta, yellow stickered garlic bread and a cheap tin of tomatoes. He even managed to add the herbs etc of his own accord.

I never thought I'd see the day when he would make me something from scratch (not just taken out of the freezer and popped on a tray).

And it tasted delicious (and I don't even eat red meat! [more of a taste thing for me rather than saving the cows])

Wow. Suddeny I see my husband in a whole new light :-)

Comments

• angchris
    angchris Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    Options
    wow! theres hope for my oh yet then!:eek: :eek: i have been hinting for years how nice it must be to get in from work to smell something bubbling away nicely ready for me to throw my shoes off and enjoy:rolleyes: i obviousely havent "trained" him well enough yet, got any tips??? :confused: the most annoying thing is we had a catering trailer and he did all the cooking so i know he can do it :mad: ah well i can live in hope and pigs might also fly :rotfl:
    proper prior planning prevents p!$$ poor performance! :p
    Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realise we cannot eat money
    quote from an american indian.
  • lemontart
    lemontart Posts: 6,037 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    first time round with my oh we were together 4 years and looking back at the diarys from the (20 odd yrs ago) he only cooked for me once - marked it in big red letters in my diary, this time round though we do not live together he cooks regularly.............only prob is he can't cook !!!!!!mind you he does do the best roast potatoes i have ever had.

Beth
    xx
    I am responsible me, myself and I alone I am not the keeper others thoughts and words.
  • Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    Options
    :T :T That's great!!! Well done Mr weegie :D:D:D

Hope you gave him lots and lots of praise - he'll be more inclined to do it again ;):D
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    My ex only cooked me a meal once, and it was a battered cod fillet with chicken flavour super noodles - mmmm yummy :rolleyes:

Hubby is fab cook, and makes loads of gorgeous meals. I'm a lucky lass now :D
    Here I go again on my own....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport