Forum Home» Competitions Time» Game Over

E: 28/02 Win Laser Eye Surgery (Pushy Sales People)

New Post Advanced Search

E: 28/02 Win Laser Eye Surgery (Pushy Sales People)

edited 22 February 2011 at 9:12AM in Game Over
7 replies 1.1K views
Lakshmi7Lakshmi7 Forumite
339.9K posts
Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 22 February 2011 at 9:12AM in Game Over
It is a scientific fact that your body will not absorb calories if you take it from another person's plate.
:A :A :A
Chocolate is the answer and I don't give a damn what
the question is.;)

Replies

• ChopstheduckChopstheduck Forumite
    1.3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I got a very pushy phone call after doing one of these - there is no opt out. The caller was trying to pressurise me into a booking a consultation even though I told her I had no intention of PAYING for surgery! I ended up saying no thank you, goodbye and putting the phone down on the lady.
  • I got a very pushy phone call after doing one of these - there is no opt out. The caller was trying to pressurise me into a booking a consultation even though I told her I had no intention of PAYING for surgery! I ended up saying no thank you, goodbye and putting the phone down on the lady.

Same here, I got a phone call within 1hr last time i entered.
    Oh I do love a good win, Even if its not me winning..
  • also same here, and after that, they somehow started sending me text as well. as much as i want laser eye surgery, cant afford to pay for it right now, and i dont like people trying to pressure me into things.
  • Same here. I had three call today (and an email)... After searching the net this looks a lot like scam... Oh boy.
  • I signed up to this a few weeks ago and within an hour received a voicemail from them asking to book a consultation.

the next day I had another voicemail, a text and an email.

Rather than them keep annoying me, I emailed their customer service department and requested that they remove my details from their database, which they did and were very nice about it and I haven't been bothered since.

Hopefully it stays that way! Haven't been bothered for 2 weeks so fingers crossed!
  • Enterprise_1701CEnterprise_1701C Forumite
    23.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had the phone call and the texts too. In the phone call I also said that I had no intention of paying for surgery, especially as it would be a small fortune for my prescription, and they said that there would be no point in my winning if I was not suitable, so I said that if that was the case if I won I would pass it on to someone else I knew, he ummed and ahhd and said that could not happen, seemed to be squirming a bit!! I knew this would be a bit of a data farming exercise, but I though I might at least have a one in a million chance!!
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Very strange. I got a phone call within a few mins, a couple of mins wasting their time and money.
    2012 Challenge win £2012 £973/2012 ..20 in 2012 14/20
    Save £2000 from comping and surveys £200/£2000
    OLYMPIC CHALLENGE
    GOLD - Cash
    SILVER - iPad:D:D:D (16/1/2012)
    BRONZE - Vouchers
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support