The Debt Must Go (REALLY mean it this time)

Options
I'm back yet again looking for the motivation required to get myself debt free, am actually annoyed at myself for still being in debt but I am, and there's not much else I can do about it other than pay it off!

At the moment I am on maternity leave, and will receive my full pay for the first 20 weeks (am about 4 weeks in). I would desperately love to be debt free by the time I get to the end of my fully paid maternity leave but not sure if I can be. I will need to go and check figures and post back later to get the exact amount I'm owe, and also look at my outgoings.

Once I stop full pay I will go on to statutory which I think I could just about handle if I didn't have debt, but at the moment with the debts its just going to be impossible.

This is my second baby, I already have a three year old daughter and feel like I am letting them down as a Mummy having this hanging over me and not being able to buy them nice things because I don't have any spare money. I've had the debt since before my daughter was born back in 2007 so really feel like its been a long and really hard slog.

I think I'm still in around £7-8k of debt but not 100% sure - will check it out tonight and see if I can come up with a plan.

If anyone has any ideas on how to make my money go further I'd appreciate hearing them! At the moment I ebay quite frequently, although am running out of things to list, I use Quidco all the time, we menu plan and only buy what we need from the supermarket etc.

Off to get ready to pick up my DD from Nursery, will have to go and waken my tiny one month old baby to go out in this yucky weather, something else to feel guilty about! :(

CwC x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport