Cheap hotel in edinburgh

Hi there. I need to stay in Edinburgh for 2 nights in may (mid week) as I am sitting some professional exams. I am coming from Glasgow so figure it will be easier to stay there. Wondering if anyone can reccommend any cheap hotels to stay in, in central edinburgh for 2 nights. Maybe there's offers on somewhere? Many thanks.

Comments

• I stayed in the Jurys Inn at the weekend. We got it for £50 a night, which isn't the cheapest but it was nice, might be cheaper mid week?

It only takes 50 minutes on the train going Queen Street to Waverly, it would probably come out cheaper to take the train than to stay anywhere.
  • lucylucky
    lucylucky Posts: 4,908 Forumite
    Agree with the above, unless there is some pressing need to stay in Edinburgh the money saving option would be to travel.
  • There is an Easyhotel in Princes Street (can't get any more central than that) with rooms from £25.
  • Sparkle80
    Sparkle80 Posts: 1,113
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Loads of B&B's around the Newington area, just a 10 min bus journey into the City Centre.
  • Copjunk2
    Copjunk2 Posts: 47 Forumite
    You could try a travelodge and see what price you could get, you may be able to get one for £19\night. The West End one doesn't get a good write up on Tripadvisor but we stayed there and it was fine (and I'm fussy!). We stayed in the Waterloo Place one the other week and althought the room was great and the staff friendly and helpful, the street noise was really bad - didn't get to sleep until 4am. Hope your exams go well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure