Train 4 Trade Skills any good?

Options
I would be interested to hear of any experiences you may have had with the company "Train 4 Trade Skills".
I have seen various posts from people who have signed up and then looking for a way out but none from anyone who has actually completed the course.

I was visited by a "Representative" who took some details and said he would submit a recommendation and I then may be offered a place on the course. The next day I had a call to say I had been accepted. This was made out to be a great achievement (can't see why as surely they will not turn too many people down - will they?).
The representative/sales person was keen to meet that same day to process the next stage which would be to run a credit check and organise finance for course funding.

I explained I needed time to research the company etc...

I feel that the idea of the course and the amount it seems to cover etc is very good but also wonder if this is just made to sound good because of some extremely clever sales techniques.

Please share your experiences of train 4 trade skills.....

Comments

• ToG
    ToG Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    A quick google search shows them to be rediculously expensive, but the advantage being they offer credit. Also a local college would offer more support.

As a new user i can't post links but google for Train 4 Trade Skills and you'll see.
  • KS-D
    Options
    Train 4 Trades - In my opinion- STEER CLEAR!
    My husband signed up for one of these courses and they emphasised that the course was study at your own pace and then it turns out there is a time limit in the fine print that they do not discuss with you.The practicals do take a while to get on and in some cases he was waiting a good 8 weeks to get on which swallows up time.This company has many bad reviews on plumbing forums and I wish we had known this at the time, I did do research, but the majority has been posted since he signed up. He just wrote a letter to appeal and say can he at least finish the two modules and two week practical he needs to finish up to NVQ Level II and they said no which I think is really out of order as he comes away with nothing when he was so close to finishing (about 10 modules total). I do wish we had read and re-read the very small print before signing up. To sum it up my advice is READ THE SMALL PRINT and MAKE SURE YOU CAN COMPLETE WITHIN THE TIMESCALE AS THEY DO NOT HIGHLIGHT THIS WHEN SELLING YOU THE COURSE!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure