Edinburgh for Wales 6 Nations Game Info needed

Hi everyone, there are 4 of us (2 couples) from Wales travelling by car to Edinburgh for the 6 Nations Rugby this Friday (11th feb to 14th feb).

What I would like to know is

1. where would be the best places to eat be? nothing too flash

2. what are the best pubs with the best atmospheres during the 6 nations games?

3. is there anything that is on during that weekend other than the rugby that would be worth seeing?

4. Are there any tips you'd like to pass of regarding anything?

We are staying at Ten Hill Place, which I understand isn't far from Princess St.

Thanks in ancticipation :)

Comments

• Most pubs on the way to Murrayfield will be busy, and full of Welsh! The West End of Princes St has lots of bars and restaurants. Head west to Shandwick Place. Most are more expensive than some people may want, but hey, it's a special occasion and Edinburgh is dear.
    Eating; For atmosphere I like http://lapiazza.readyforfood.com/, good Italian food, it's usually busy after rugby so book. Or try http://www.ledivin.co.uk/, wine bar under franch restaurant; during game has big screen, staff are french and do like rugby. Spend the game here with a bottle or two of wine and platters of cheese and meats - heaven! Restaurant above is good, but pricy for what it is.
    Lots of pubs and reasonable food on Rose Street, first street back from Princes St. If you want a bit more upmarket go another street up to George St, some very good food and bars. All Bar One is good value for a few pints and a plate of nibbles.
    If you look at other posts here there is so much to do: ghost tours, bus rides, museums, galleries, shopping you will need an extra day! Try to get away from Princes Street tho'; there is much more in town than you will see there.
    Sorry about the final score (I hope!) Have a very good time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure