child maintenence, can it be back dated

Options
im writing this on behalf of a friend. her story is this.
she has 2 children by different fathers. neither of the dads has ever given her a penny in maintenece. they do have contact with the children, one sees is son every weekend and the other about once a year. my friend is struggling financially and has suffered a mental breakdown caused mainly through the continuos struggle to make ends meet.
dad no1 is on benefits and has been for about 15 years but works every evening cash in hand.
dad no2 is quite wealthy,good job, big house flash car, nice holidays.
she has been trying to get regular payments from the 2 dads but they refuse. she hasnt tried to purse it through the courts because she hasnt got the money to pay for solicitors. she did contact the CSA some time ago and they ordered them both to pay x amount but the money never arrived and the CSA never really pursued it.
if i can get her to go legal is she entitled to back dated payments from them both, im hoping to be able to pay the solicitors bills if she agrees or is she entitled to legal aid?
thank you for taking time to read this. please feel free to ask any questions and i'll be happy to answer as best i can.
regards

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,567 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    You have posted this in the DFW diaries section which is why you havent had a response.
    I dont know the answer to your question but why dont you contact your local CAB or welfare rights group as they should be able to advise you.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • bazzaffc
    bazzaffc Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    thanks B.
    regards
    Baz
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income