soundproofing my flat in hamilton near glasgow?

hi guys,

i have very noisy neighbours have been complaining about them and we were thinking about moving but wondering if we could get the floor soundproofed? Does anyone know of somewhere that does this or have ideas of price?

Even if we get the moved out its a homeless flat and were probably going to get a similar lot again and i actually like the area and flat we have.

Thanks

Comments

• ellerman
    ellerman Posts: 13 Forumite
    I once looked into this as we lived in a flat where we could hear people chatting above us, and that was in a normal voice! There is a Livingstone based company that inject insulation between the floorboards, Everwarm? The chap came out and looked at our flat. He did talk about sound pollution being like water and it will always find a weak spot to travel through. have also read about other companies that put in a false ceiling and insulate between old and new gap. I did invest in wax earplugs and it helped a lot to sleep at night. we also changed our rooms about to sleep under quieter rooms. I seem to remember £300 and that was 15 years ago>
  • thanks for this i phoned a company in glasgow n he quoted £1700 for one room so i dont think were doing that. the floors concrete aswell so i would have thought that would block noise a bit better. We are serioously thinking about moving now which is a shame i love my flat =
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    if you are living where i think you are ... then it is a shame as it is a good area ... but the flats are noisey sadly ....
  • elantan wrote: »
    if you are living where i think you are ... then it is a shame as it is a good area ... but the flats are noisey sadly ....

lol wondering where you think i am living....or if i have spoken to you before? but yea its a fairly good area just idiots in emergency housing below me.theyve had a warning and just dont give a damn
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I'm thinking it's across the road and down a bitfrom a smallish sports centre ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure